Site to move to AWS (amazon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site to move to AWS (amazon)

Amazon has launched a new service called light sail that might be just what we need to cut major costs here. We are about to complete our annual subscription here, and the costs are far lower at AWS, so you might see some site down messages here and there while I do some building and testing.
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

So, what I take from this is that you're gonna have drones flying stuff to us soon ...
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

sigpic

Comment

Hehe, I like that idea!
      just keep us informed Derick, thanks for all you do!

-Anji

Comment

In reality it was all about money. Dreamhost has done us right, nothing against them, but this place costs about 40-50 bucks a month to run depending if I'm working on upgrades and stuff. Then there is the 120 dollar a year subscription fee so thats another 10 per month. Amazon will cost us 10-20 bucks a month depending on a few variables. However, it will take more time to maintain since dreamhost did that all on the backend. I'll automate most of it, but amazon isn't trying to host your apps...they're just giving you the means in which to do so.

The kitty went dry again and I started getting account due notices, so it was a time to figure how to cut costs....
        Rain Rain Go Away,
        So I can ride another day.
        Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
        2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
        2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

Working...
        X