This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta IMS 1/8/05

Kind of last minute, now, but we will be meeting on Sat. 1/8 at 9:00 am at the Cracker Barrel on Delk Rd and Franklin (just west of I-75). There are over a dozen of us that I know of so far. Y'all come out and meet us!
    - Tom -

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Caesare Innocente

I'll be at the show, but not breakfast.
    '05 BMW R1200 GS
    '04 BMW R1150 RT

Comment

Sorry I'm just now checking in. My namzad and I are still in for breakfeast (in 11.5 hours)
      Red 2008 Honda ST1300
      I use billion dollar satellites to find Tupperware in the woods.
      Sometimes the road less traveled... is less traveled for a reason

Comment

Glad I was able to make it today. Nice meeting everyone!
        '05 BMW R1200 GS
        '04 BMW R1150 RT

Comment

John,

It was nice meeting you and Julia and seeing all the other BBers again.

Karl,

We went to the Honda area several times, but couldn't find you. I left my purse in the trunk of the car (geez, I can't believe I am admitting that I caged to Atlanta) so didn't get the message you left on my cell phone until we were headed out of town. We did run into Lefty on our way out.

Paul broke down and got some Gerbing gloves and a new radar detector mount for his gs. I got a new balaclava and Paul is out installing the new clock I got for my bike for Christmas.

It was a great weekend guys, thanks for making it memorable.

Cindy
          2007 BMW F650GS
          2006 Vespa LX150
          2003 BMW R1200C Montana *sold*

Over 100,000 miles since 8/02

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
          -Helen Keller

Comment

Breakfast

I thinks we figured there were 17 of us at breakfast, I met some new people and saw people from last year.

Nice seeing everyone and catching up. I will post some pics later on. Hope we can ride together soon.

Bill

PS: The show was pretty neat too...
            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~ Author Unknown

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. ~ H. L. Mencken

Comment

It was really great to meet all of you. Layli and I had a great time. She even found a bike she likes and now can't stop talking about it!

w00t!
              Red 2008 Honda ST1300

Comment

Here we gathered again in front of the disabled sign again... not all of us were there, we were out back looking at bikes

(This has been edited to answer Gerry's questions)

From the left: Tom (Java), his wife Ruthie, Dan from the About site, Larry,(Muddara) Me, (Calabash) Larry's wife, Karl_L, John Byner and his wife, and JHug. Cindy was in back of the restaurant looking at Shutterbug's Harley, and Paul took the photo for us.

Shutterbug was one of three that rode their bike to breakfast. What a pretty bike Drew!

I love antiques and found out now I love old bikes... here is a pretty Vincent Black Shadow, or at least that what the sign said, I am not an expert here.....

I also like unusual bikes, this bike is so ugly it reminds me of a bulldog...so ugly its cute.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~ Author Unknown

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. ~ H. L. Mencken

Comment

Nice pictures Bill. I recognize you and Karl_L in the picture. Is that John Bryer behind karl, picture right? I think so...
                  Who are everyone else in the photos?

Cindy, were you one of those out back looking at more bikes?

It looks like it was fun.
                  Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
                  '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
                  '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
                  '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
                  - Gerry -

Comment

Nice pictures Bill. I recognize you and Karl_L in the picture. Is that John Bryer behind karl, picture right? I think so...

Gerry

oops, sorry for the double post, I'd delete it but apparently you cannot do that here....
                    Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
                    '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
                    '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
                    '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
                    - Gerry -

Comment

Cindy and I were checking out Shutterbug's bike at the time of the photo.
                      Red 2008 Honda ST1300

Comment

Originally posted by Chench53

Gerry

oops, sorry for the double post, I'd delete it but apparently you cannot do that here....
                        Gerry, that was me! Julia was to my left.
                        '05 BMW R1200 GS
                        '04 BMW R1150 RT

Comment

Hey JohnBryer, did you get those custom ear plugs at the show? I saw them for $55 as well as the headphone versions for... wha, wha what - $175!!!

Turns out they are a Mom and Pop without the store front a few miles from my house. I figure there prices may not be as inflated a month from now.

In the sea of IMS goodies - I can't find their card. Do you have their contact info?

BTW: I think Julia and Cindy really left an impression on Layli. That and the 'dreamy' red and silver Yahama V Star Classic she kept jumping on... I may have a riding partner this season!
                          Red 2008 Honda ST1300

Comment

Originally posted by HotFix
                            That and the 'dreamy' red and silver Yahama V Star Classic she kept jumping on... I may have a riding partner this season!
                            Quick! Get her registered for the BRC course before she changes her mind. Nothing is more gratifying than to have a partner to share your passions.

Cindy
                            2007 BMW F650GS
                            2006 Vespa LX150
                            2003 BMW R1200C Montana *sold*

Over 100,000 miles since 8/02

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
                            -Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by HotFix
                              Hey JohnBryer, did you get those custom ear plugs at the show? I saw them for $55 as well as the headphone versions for... wha, wha what - $175!!!

Turns out they are a Mom and Pop without the store front a few miles from my house. I figure there prices may not be as inflated a month from now.

In the sea of IMS goodies - I can't find their card. Do you have their contact info?

BTW: I think Julia and Cindy really left an impression on Layli. That and the 'dreamy' red and silver Yahama V Star Classic she kept jumping on... I may have a riding partner this season!
                              I hate to admit it, but we dropped $175*2 for the earplugs with speakers. There just doesn't seem to be many other choices, so I really hope they work out. I love listening to music while I'm riding, so I figured it was worth it.
                              '05 BMW R1200 GS
                              '04 BMW R1150 RT

Comment

Working...
                              X