Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1452068

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    You know, if you're going to work your butt off, then you might as well be compensated for it. Being a biz owner DOES have certainly more risk, and you may think you're the "boss," but in fact, your customers ARE your boss. But, at least you're not making someone else a wealthy individual.
    Again, this is all based on taking over an existing business that is successful. Now, if the biz has a 1 star rating, then it's probably a good idea to work somewhere else and not mention that you were affiliated with the first business.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal LabRat
    replied
    Counterpoint (because that’s what we do as a couple) - screw having your own business. You almost always make less money and you re chained to the business. Most small business owners NEVER take vacation. Not for me, nope nope nope.

On a personal note, I’m sorry to hear that Cinder and I hope your hubby lands on his feet from this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post
    Unfortunately life happens and in June my Hubby's boss advised us he is retiring and either closing or selling the business by the end of the summer.
    Was the business your hubby was at profitable? Decent reputation? Making money? If the answer is "yes" to all 3, WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY THE DAMN BUSINESS AND RUN IT YOURSELVES?
    Sounds to me like a perfect situation. And now your hubby went to work for someone else yet again? Shoulda bought it...

I mean hell, if you're not going to be able to take vacations, you might as well get paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    I am so missing being with all of you. Hope you're having a great time. Please someone post a report and some pics. Thanks. Ride safe all.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust
    replied
    I've been fidgeting and planning aspirational routes to Larkspur for Sept. Have you guys ridden the Mt Evans Scenic Byway, from your new place? What about Pikes Peak? Those have both been on my hit list for ages.

Should I pack a tent, or just a sleeping bag and pad? If I pack a tent tho I may get itchy and end up somewhere in the Pacific Northwest again....

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Sadly we will not be able to attend. Every year for the past 18 years we have taken vacation the first 2 weeks of September as my Hubby is a motorcycle mechanic so he could not go during the busier times. So, finally, this year was going to be perfect! We love Colorado and were so looking forward to attending this event. Unfortunately life happens and in June my Hubby's boss advised us he is retiring and either closing or selling the business by the end of the summer.

Luckily my hubby did find another job almost right away but now we cannot have our usual holiday time as he is too new to take any vacay this year. We are both very disappointed as we were so looking forward to meeting everyone and riding the fantastic roads I'm sure Jeff has planned for everyone. Hopefully, it will work out again some year. Take care everyone and have a great time!

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust
    replied
    I am planning on being there. May be trailering up a bike, depending on health/fitness levels.

Should I leave the Nerf guns at home this time?

Leave a comment:

• asp125
    replied
    Bumping this thread.

Is it June ... uh.. September yet? Fidget!

So there are a few definite maybes coming neighboring states NM, AZ, CA. *YAY*!!
    As we move into summer and folks decide on vacations, we would like to firm up the headcount to make sure we have enough bed space etc. So please PM me when you can. I'll update the facebook discussion as well.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• 50sGrl
    replied
    Can we come with you OBX?

Leave a comment:

• NORTY
    replied
    I sure had a great time the last time I rode out thata way. Might be fun at that.

Leave a comment:

• asp125
    replied
    Bumping this thread. For those who aren't on FB.

Any questions of a general nature? Specific details will be discussed offline via PM.

What kind/length of rides? We have routes from a few hours to all day, involving twisties and good eats.

Leave a comment:

• AZridered
    replied
    OK. I will mark that down as a weekend to hide.

Leave a comment:

• Missy B
    replied
    Originally posted by AZridered View Post
    Choosing a date would be helpful. That way I will know in advance when someone in my family is going to crash their car, another will have a medical emergency and be hospitalized, all of my co-workers will be sick at once, and I will break a toe.

And in case you missed it, he said weekend after Labor Day.

Leave a comment:

• AZridered
    replied
    Choosing a date would be helpful. That way I will know in advance when someone in my family is going to crash their car, another will have a medical emergency and be hospitalized, all of my co-workers will be sick at once, and I will break a toe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X