X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ned_flanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Trials View Post

Well the first problem is EX400 was introduced in 2018 and this site has been almost dead after 2018
    I see that… now

My Internet situational awareness needs some work, I guess

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Originally posted by Ned_flanders View Post

Yeah, I was being facetious by asking him that.

I pretty much laid out my next bike choices/options in my other thread. I don’t want to buy a ninja 400. Like I said, I’d have bought one yesterday if I wasn’t concerned about how tight/cramped it would be. I’d jump at the opportunity if someone was giving them away free, however. Or maybe a second “fun” bike in the future…

I was surprised no one had mentioned or posted about them in this forum before. In my experience back in the day little bikes were pretty popular round these parts.

I was kinda interested in hearing about the bike from someone who’s ridden one, especially a more lanky person.

My bad
    Well the first problem is EX400 was introduced in 2018 and this site has been almost dead after 2018

Leave a comment:

• Ned_flanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Trials View Post

" I’ve never even sat on one. I’d be down the dealership buying one right now if I wasn’t concerned it would be a little tight for me. "

Atonic is just suggesting you saddle test it and see if you can fold up on it, or if your knees hit the fairing or your elbows hit your knees or something like that..
    Yeah, I was being facetious by asking him that.

I pretty much laid out my next bike choices/options in my other thread. I don’t want to buy a ninja 400. Like I said, I’d have bought one yesterday if I wasn’t concerned about how tight/cramped it would be. I’d jump at the opportunity if someone was giving them away free, however. Or maybe a second “fun” bike in the future…

I was surprised no one had mentioned or posted about them in this forum before. In my experience back in the day little bikes were pretty popular round these parts.

I was kinda interested in hearing about the bike from someone who’s ridden one, especially a more lanky person.

My bad

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    "how it is on comfort, specifically legroom/knee bend"
    Ninja is a semi sportbike rider position, it's not extreme in any respect. The bars are not way down low, pegs are not way up high or rear set very much. As for the word 'comfort' on a motorcycle, that doesn't really exist. Motorcycles are designed to be ridden as their primary design consideration. Sadly almost every street motorcycle seems to be required to accommodate a pillion passenger and that often leads to compromises for the riders position and controls on a small displacement motorcycle chassis.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Originally posted by Ned_flanders View Post

Why would I go sit on one?
    " I’ve never even sat on one. I’d be down the dealership buying one right now if I wasn’t concerned it would be a little tight for me. "

Atonic is just suggesting you saddle test it and see if you can fold up on it, or if your knees hit the fairing or your elbows hit your knees or something like that..

Leave a comment:

• Ned_flanders
    replied
    Originally posted by atonic View Post
    So go sit on one.
    Why would I go sit on one?

Leave a comment:

• AZridered
    replied
    The 400 is a lot of fun, but I've not ridden one on the street, only trackday (where long-term comfort is not high on the list of importance). I have long legs too, it was cramped. Still fun though. Try looking at the middleweight ADV style bikes. They are generally roomy with adequate leg room, pretty easy to ride, adequate (but not crazy) power, reasonable cost, very versatile, and lots of fun.

Leave a comment:

• atonic
    replied
    So go sit on one.

Leave a comment:

• Ned_flanders
    started a topic Ninja 400

Ninja 400

Hello,

Has anyone ridden one of these things?

I’ve never even sat on one. I’d be down the dealership buying one right now if I wasn’t concerned it would be a little tight for me—6’ 175lbs with a 34” inseam.

Just wondering if anyone with a similar stick insect-style physique has ridden one and how it is on comfort, specifically legroom/knee bend.

Working...
X