Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials
    replied
    Traditional method would be sheet metal, formed with a thing called an english wheel

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    I had not considered vacuum forming my own - I'm not entirely sure how to do that. An interesting thought though. I'll rig up something to protect the electronicals temporarily while I figure out what I really want to do with it. At the moment its an ugly mess lol but it runs and drives and stops when you tell it to - can't ask for much more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Shack
    replied
    If you're concerned about body panels, don't be...if you need reassurance on that, take a gander at the Honda Ruckus and its various Chinese clones.

Leave a comment:

• atonic
    replied
    Have you considered vacuum forming your own body panels?

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    lol not italy - georgia US. Between amazon and ebay I can usually find a good deal on just about anything.

Except those gods forsaken body panels which apparently were made in secret factories with unicorn horns - and can't be found anywhere anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Holy you must live in Italy or something around here a 6$ part from china costs 20 to ship

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    I've found that amazon has good prices and free shipping on most parts. I can pretty well completely rebuild the engine for about 100$. I'd say thats reasonable as long as its not something I have to do every year lol. I just wish I could find body panels.

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    Originally posted by Trials View Post
    If you are handy you can keep it going for a long time, parts are cheap by mail order, cost is mostly shipping.

Around here the insurance cost would turn you off wanting any scooter that doesn't have peddles.
    I looked into insurance around here - its nothing. At most 140$ per year.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    ... Just for a hoot I priced out insurance for that bike and me riding it just now, I theoretically get the cheapest insurance available here.
    Came to 476$ per year for minimal coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    If you are handy you can keep it going for a long time, parts are cheap by mail order, cost is mostly shipping.

Around here the insurance cost would turn you off wanting any scooter that doesn't have peddles.

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    If I get it road worthy probably wont take me long to put a couple hundred miles on it to test that 2100 mile ceiling lol. Down side to living in the middle of no where everything is far away. Where I live very rarely sees snow and it never sticks around. These people freak out about a light dusting and some flurries its unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Is made in china besides 2100 miles is pretty far to ride a little scooter in a part of the world that sees snow for a third of the year.

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    I will look into that for sure - I know very little about this scooters history. The vin tells me its an 08 and all but beyond that I dont know at all what sort of mess its been through for wear and tear. 1700 miles on it - someone told me these engines don't last much longer than 2100 miles. Would you say thats typically accurate? 2100 seems really low.

Leave a comment:

• Trials
    replied
    Drive belt looks to be the most disposable part on the bike, you might want to get a spare or new one of those.

Leave a comment:

• sardonicus
    replied
    Air intake is left side sort of sitting on the transmission.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X