Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, What actually happened to the BB Forums???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, What actually happened to the BB Forums???

I know everyone is wondering, so I'm gonna ask:

What happened to the BB Forums? Why did they go away?

I'll be the first to admit that I feel a bit betrayed being a long-time member and financial contributor.

So, what gives?!
    Keep Riding All!
    *** 2004 Suzuki Volusia ***
    (Formerly: PAVolusiaRider; PARebelRider on BB)

Well, quite a long story....over on the Delphi forums, there has been quite a lot of comment on the demise of the BB forum, and my vote is to not completely rehash it here....check out some of the topics like "LI Bob - WTF happened?" and "Sort of Official State of BB" over there to get the skinny:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/bbrc/messages

edit:spelling
    07 Triumph Tiger 1050

Comment

Originally posted by MikeInSLC
      Well, quote a long story....over on the Delphi forums, there has been quite a lot of comment on the demise of the BB forum, and my vote is to not completely rehash it here....check out some of the topics like "LI Bob - WTF happened?" and "Sort of Official State of BB" over there to get the skinny:

Thanks. I'll go check it out.

I'm just glad this site is here. I was beginning to go through withdrawals!
      Keep Riding All!
      *** 2004 Suzuki Volusia ***
      (Formerly: PAVolusiaRider; PARebelRider on BB)

Comment

Just FYI

Well, quite a long story....over on the Delphi forums, there has been quite a lot of comment on the demise of the BB forum, and my vote is to not completely rehash it here....check out some of the topics like "LI Bob - WTF happened?" and "Sort of Official State of BB" over there to get the skinny:

edit:spelling
        Howdy -- there's two things I noticed about that forum:

1. It doesn't work with Mozilla Firefox, which is my preferred brower. It does work with Internet Explorer, which I don't like due to the security holes and popups, etc.

2. I am not a regular delphi forums user, so I had a difficult time figuring out how to join, and then how to post after I joined. It was definitely not intuitive for me; your mileage may vary.

Other than that, it's nice to be in touch with many former Beginner Bikes members. I really did like having everybody around for moral and informational support, you know?

steph moore
        New Mexico, USA
        steph moore | New Mexico, USA
        2009 V-Strom 650 ABS (for now....)

Comment

Re: Just FYI

Worked fine for me with Mozilla. I just really dislike the feel of Delphi....this is much cleaner.

Glad to have you...
          07 Triumph Tiger 1050

Comment

Re: Just FYI

Worked fine for me with Mozilla. I just really dislike the feel of Delphi....this is much cleaner.
            I agree with that, 100%. This is just so much better.

steph moore
            New Mexico, USA

Comment

delphis always worked fine for me thru mozilla...delphi just doesnt like you...something about not liking your hair...or something...maybe it doesnt like your bike....who knows....or maybe youre just weird!

-Ty
              Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by twizted1
                delphis always worked fine for me thru mozilla...delphi just doesnt like you...something about not liking your hair...or something...maybe it doesnt like your bike....who knows....or maybe youre just weird!

-Ty
                Well, Duh! Of course I'm weird! Where's the fun in being "normal"?

steph moore
                New Mexico, USA

Comment

I agree that this forum format is much more user friendly and all, but you know, maybe instead of slagging off the delphi forum we should stop and give thanks to KZ Rob for putting it up in the first place. If that board didn't pop up when it did, many of us would probably still be left in the dark wondering wtf happened to the BB board. Just my 2¢...

Comment

Skytzo...dont forget bout kath and the board she had up for the maryland bbers long before bb went down....

Thanks rob & kath

-Ty
                    Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Comment

You're absolutely right skytzo...

That forum is a great regrouping place, thanks to KZRob.

I still don't like Delphi
                      07 Triumph Tiger 1050

Comment

Originally posted by skytzo
                        I agree that this forum format is much more user friendly and all, but you know, maybe instead of slagging off the delphi forum we should stop and give thanks to KZ Rob for putting it up in the first place. If that board didn't pop up when it did, many of us would probably still be left in the dark wondering wtf happened to the BB board. Just my 2¢...
                        Oh, absolutely!

I am a member of both forums as of about noon today, and will post on both. I'm just glad to have any contact with former BBers.

Good job, KZ Rob!

Comment

I think,both Kath and KZ has done a great job keeping us all together,thanks for their hard work,,,I will also TRY to keep up with both of those also,,Rick
                          Don't do as I do,,Do whats right

Comment

better question. who cares? yabb = yuck, phpbb2 = much MUCH better

i, for one, welcome our new .org overlords

Comment

Originally posted by AntiNazi
                              better question. who cares? yabb = yuck, phpbb2 = much MUCH better

i, for one, welcome our new .org overlords
                              Did this fourm recently switch then cause it says vBulletin Version 3.0.5 at the bottom?

Oh and AntiNazi, I'll hopefully be moveing to the burg soon. I hope other pittsburgh folk still post here. l8r

P.S. GO STEELERS!
                              "Aqaba is over there, it's only a matter of going." -Lawrence
                              Question 13: How slow is Greg White?
                              Current: 07 V-Strom 650 Blue (DL650K7)
                              Year Zero

Comment

Working...
                              X