No announcement yet.

"Why" this site is sick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will put out there that there are two people in THIS thread who are responsible for me no longer posting much. They always have something smart to say in response to anything. 90% of the time they are the first and last to respond to any post. They can't sit back and wait for anyone to get involved in a discussion before they weigh in with their "wisdom." It just got tiresome. The whole site has become " " and " " 's site. I visit the ladies only page and that's about it.
    If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be. -Maya Angelou

Comment

harsh

Happy New Year I rode all day today with 5 other riders and we had a blast, nobody got mad and nobody got sad. Plan to do it all again tomorrow.

Comment

https://www.beginnerbikers.org/help#...ew/blog_create

... thought that might work for you but it seems to be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by NORTY View Post
          I visit motorcycle forums often. I see the traffic they get. Yes, it is less than before for other sites also, but only this forum has died on the vine. Others see plenty of traffic, even in the environment of other social media giants.

I have my theory "why" this site in particular, is sick. It starts with the name of the site. Some may be "put off" by the slang term "bikers." (Just a theory, here.) And since not many like to admit they're a "beginner" at anything, it doesn't register on searches. Or, they bypass the recommendation with their eyes.

All I can say, is that other sites are getting bombarded with requests: "What bike should I get?" & other things this site is designed for. And yet, here we are. Ok, here I am. I've been guilty of leaving this site too, as there isn't much traffic, anymore.

One would think that with so many at home, with COVID-19 threatening (not really,) that aimless computer time would reign supreme. (I dunno, maybe it is...) It's just not here.

So, what's inna name? Marketing? You bet it is!

(Nope, I'm not saying we should change the name of the site.) And nope, I'm not "starting my own domain." (BTDT.)

Anyone?

Bueller?

BUELLER!

Let's see if anyone see's this before Summer....
          site is sadly lacking in positive input.

ug more snow,
          I guess winter is really here. Time to do some serious motorcycle servicing.

I ordered a new motorcycle, did I mention that already?

Comment

Originally posted by lionlady View Post
            I will put out there that there are two people in THIS thread who are responsible for me no longer posting much. They always have something smart to say in response to anything. 90% of the time they are the first and last to respond to any post. They can't sit back and wait for anyone to get involved in a discussion before they weigh in with their "wisdom." It just got tiresome. The whole site has become " " and " " 's site.
            Well a belated Happy New Year to you too!

I'm pretty sure back when both you and this forum were active that the number was a lot higher than two. A LOT higher.
            Sent from your mom's phone
            "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
            Ride Safe, Chop Safer
            "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
            "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
            Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
            sigpic
            3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Comment

Working...
            X