Weather to ride, or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather to ride, or not

Is this winter ever going to go away? I'm going to have to get the trickle charger back out!!
    Returning neglected Kawasakis to riding glory since 2014
    1991 Voyager XII "Xaviera", 1998 Concours "Connimus Prime", 1989 454 LTD "Merlin"
    COG #12068 Member of American Voyager Association #ATGATT or stay home
    my YouTube channel: ToastRider

sigpic

This winter SUCKS!!!!!! Good grief, below freezing on April 4 in the Ozarks? And snow possible tomorrow night?? SERIOUSLY???

Allegedly, the sun is supposed come out this afternoon and be in the 60's; but we're in the process of resurfacing the shared portion of our gravel driveway, so I'm not sure I want to risk riding on it. Gotta go for a walk and check it out after lunch.

Lori
    RiderCoach since 2010
    I think I've finally figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.

'17 Kawasaki NINJA 300 ABS KRT ("Sheldon #3)
    '15 green Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS ("Sheldon 2"--'tis better to have loved and lost...)
    '10 Honda NT700V ("The DomiNaTor")--SOLD
    '08 green Kawasaki NINJA 250 ("Sheldon")--SOLD
    '05 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C-SOLD
    FUMAS: Harley-Davidson Rocker C, Kawasaki ZX25R!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

ATGATT: Because the laws of physics couldn't care less.

Someday I hope to become the rider that my bike deserves.

All the worry in the world doesn't prevent death. It prevents life.

Comment

Normal temperature here this time of year is +9C. This morning it was -9C, feeling like -20 with the wind. It snowed the last two days. Glad I went for a ride last week, because it sure isn’t happening now.

Comment

I could go for a ride
        on the lake

Comment

Got up and rode early because by noon it was 90 degrees ...

sonoran30126952_10212182446136024_6037161405994500 096_o by mmelugin48, on Flickr
          The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

Originally posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
            Got up and rode early because by noon it was 90 degrees ...
            Yes, we are nearing the end of the best riding weather right now. It'll be back in October though.

Comment

19 degrees F here this morning, 1-3” of snow in tomorrow’s forecast...LOL.
              '14 V Star 950, '01 Virago 250

Comment

Weather HAS to improve by April 14 and 15 that's our first trial and it's near Tweed which is very close to here, ground is frozen to ice and snow covered now & I could skate on the lake that's not good

... but at least there won't be any black flies or mosquitoes so I'm up for riding regardless of weather

Comment

Here in beautiful BC, Canada....the sun is out and the riders are taking full advantage. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Trials View Post
                    Weather HAS to improve by April 14 and 15 that's our first trial and it's near Tweed which is very close to here, ground is frozen to ice and snow covered now & I could skate on the lake that's not good

... but at least there won't be any black flies or mosquitoes so I'm up for riding regardless of weather
                    The ATA keeps sending out very optimistic messages about the Tweed trial on their Facebook page, but the forecast is now calling for up to 50mm of rain, 3cm of snow, ice pellets, and freezing rain.

The first CVMG vintage trials event is also this weekend in Stanbridge QC and the forecast there is calling for 20cm (!!) of snow.

I do believe I will wimp out and stay home.

Comment

It's supposed to break into the 90's today. That means I'll be stowing the black leather jacket until November...time to unearth the brighter mesh jacket.
                      Sent from your mom's phone
                      "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
                      Ride Safe, Chop Safer
                      "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
                      "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
                      Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
                      sigpic
                      3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Shack View Post
                        It's supposed to break into the 90's today. That means I'll be stowing the black leather jacket until November...time to unearth the brighter mesh jacket.
                        Supposed to hit 80 here tomorrow! I'll be pulling out the mesh as well!

Lori
                        RiderCoach since 2010
                        I think I've finally figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.

'17 Kawasaki NINJA 300 ABS KRT ("Sheldon #3)
                        '15 green Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS ("Sheldon 2"--'tis better to have loved and lost...)
                        '10 Honda NT700V ("The DomiNaTor")--SOLD
                        '08 green Kawasaki NINJA 250 ("Sheldon")--SOLD
                        '05 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C-SOLD
                        FUMAS: Harley-Davidson Rocker C, Kawasaki ZX25R!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

ATGATT: Because the laws of physics couldn't care less.

Someday I hope to become the rider that my bike deserves.

All the worry in the world doesn't prevent death. It prevents life.

Comment

All I have is mesh. Light mesh for summer, heavy mesh for winter. Rain suit to go over mesh if it gets brutally cold (you know, below 70 or something ridiculously arctic like that)... hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
                            The ATA keeps sending out very optimistic messages about the Tweed trial on their Facebook page, but the forecast is now calling for up to 50mm of rain, 3cm of snow, ice pellets, and freezing rain.

The first CVMG vintage trials event is also this weekend in Stanbridge QC and the forecast there is calling for 20cm (!!) of snow.

I do believe I will wimp out and stay home.
                            I will ride both days regardless of weather, all the regular guys will still be there will be a blast, it always is
                            Bunch of new guys say they are going to show up too, sport really does seem to be starting to catch on with the enduro MX and track racer guys looking to cross train.

You are welcome to stay at my place if that helps :I have a real house now! Have a feeling Eric and possibly some others will end up at my place Saturday night. Giant bacon pepper mushroom 3 cheese omelet and a banana for early Sunday breakfast then we can ride really olympic and try not to crash too much.

Comment

A beautiful day for a ride here! 80 as a high.

Was the first time riding to and from work. Went in a little early, to beat the 'rush hour' traffic, and took some side streets home (mainly where the main streets had many construction cones, lane closures, and such).

I did discover that the 'reserve' on the petcock is opposite of what I intuitively thought it should be. Luckily, I learned this right across the street from a mechanic, who gave me a couple of tablespoons of fuel to get me the gas station. How embarrassing!!, I hardly felt like a responsible adult.

Thunderstorms tomorrow, and cold again this weekend. I'm a fair weather rider, so maybe next week I'll get her out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X