Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Electric Bike I'm Actually Excited About...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another plus for LEO using the Zero - stealth capability. Can sneak up on unsavory types.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    sigpic
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by bikebitsmall
      64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
      Originally posted by CaptCrash
      A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Shack View Post
        One has to wonder how much quicker lights, sirens, and radios sap the power source versus conventional riding.
        A conventional H4 bulb draws 60W on high beam. A Zero S with the smallest battery has 5.7 kWh, so you could run that light for 95 hours. They probably run more lights on a police bike, but they're probably also LEDs which draw about 1/4 the power, so it likely all cancels out. I don't know how much the radio draws, but assuming it's of the same order of magnitude then overall power consumption of bells and whistles looks negligible.

Comment

Definitely LEDs.

Why am I reminded of the alarm in A Fist Full of Yen?
          Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
          '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

If it had a real seat, I think I would actually ride it. I'm not a cruiser person by any means, but I love the simplicity of this one. I wonder what is in the "tank" besides air? That seems like a really good place to hide electronics, or even a frunk.
            Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
            2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

It looks very light.
              Best Appetite Suppressants are superb for losing weight.

Comment

Wet weight of the host Cleveland CycleWerks "Heist" which it was based upon was 291 pounds. I have no idea how much heavier/lighter the electric motor is but this one lacks the extra weight in the way of an exhaust system and the two gallons of fuel considered in that original figure.
                Sent from your mom's phone
                "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
                Ride Safe, Chop Safer
                "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
                "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
                Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
                sigpic
                3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Comment

Would an electric motorcycle attract lightning, more than a typical petro powered counterpart?
                  Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

That all depends on how tall of a chopper-esque sissy bar you attach to it.

Ride Safe, Chop Safer
                    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DariusT View Post
                      It looks very light.
                      I am very excited that the Breast Actives website is up again. It is a great chance for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BernardAsher View Post
                        I am very excited that the Breast Actives website is up again. It is a great chance for me.
                        So happy lucky for you!

Comment

Could this be an internet first? A spammer responding to a spammer?!?
                          Ride Safe, Chop Safer
                          sigpic

Comment

lol careful shadow :I might be your biggest fan on here

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Shack View Post
                              Wet weight of the host Cleveland CycleWerks "Heist" which it was based upon was 291 pounds. I have no idea how much heavier/lighter the electric motor is but this one lacks the extra weight in the way of an exhaust system and the two gallons of fuel considered in that original figure.
                              I think it is good that engine do not have much weight. It reduces the weight of the vehicle and the maintainence cost of it is also very low and it uses less petrol. I think this is best.

Comment

Yes indeed, electric bikes use less patrol

Comment

Working...
                                X