I'm not prone to SMAS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not prone to SMAS.

Lionlady will tell you that. I obsess over the details, and worry about where the money comes from. I've been wanting an F800GT for two years. Still can't pull the trigger. (Although there's one I found on Cycle Trader in Arizona that's farkled almost perfectly!)

But when it comes to Sudden Motorcycle Tool Acquisition Syndrome, I'm helpless.

I finally read the Harbor Freight email in time for the coupon to still be good. Anybody know how to pronounce SMTAS?
    Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Just serviced a '13 800GT a few days ago. We don't usually take in newer bikes, but when one of our regulars picks up something modern, we don't chase them away. I CAN tell you that it takes longer to undress an 800GT than to strip an oilhead RT. LOTS of panels and even more little screws. Eeesh

Comment

Can't be any worse than my '02 K-RS. This is the F800GT that I was talking about - I think it's in your neighborhood:
      http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...0-GT-114293117
      Been set up as an LD bike - already has the LED lights and the Russell Day-Long on it. All it needs is an aux tank and maybe cruise control. If I were prone to SMAS, I'd already have a fly-n-ride set up!
      Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

Comment

Hmmm, I might add one to the list of stuff to get, right after the shed I need to free up garage space.
        Ride Naked
        77 KZ650
        03 ZRX1200R
        89 KX125
        01 ZX-9R
        18 H2SX SE
        sigpic
        Originally posted by kthkern
        KZ Is the best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitardad View Post
          Anybody know how to pronounce SMTAS?
          SMARTASS?

No...wait.....
          Originally posted by bikebitsmall
          64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
          Originally posted by CaptCrash
          A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Comment

Nice, how much was the lift?
            Returning neglected Kawasakis to riding glory since 2014
            1991 Voyager XII "Xaviera", 1998 Concours "Connimus Prime", 1989 454 LTD "Merlin"
            COG #12068 Member of American Voyager Association #ATGATT or stay home
            my YouTube channel: ToastRider

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AZridered View Post
              We don't usually take in newer bikes
              Now there's a shop that marches to a different beat.
              Sent from your mom's phone
              "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
              Ride Safe, Chop Safer
              "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
              "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
              Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
              sigpic
              3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Comment

Originally posted by thud300 View Post
                Nice, how much was the lift?
                300 bucks. I normally don't remember to check the Harbor Freight coupon emails until too late, but caught it this time.
                Chaz

Comment

Working...
                X