• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Park In Handicapped Spaces?

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/69977/
    09 Versys Blue and 2011 V-Rod
    08 KLR 650 Red (sold)

Retired Eagle Driver, long live the eagle.

No. No need to.
    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Comment

No I do not. And granted... it's a crappy thing to have done. Both the parking and the knocking over of the bike.

But it doesn't look like the bike was parked in the actual spot. Looks like it was parked in the striped zone where the ramp needed to come down from the van.

FTR, I have seen handicap MC plates. Fellow RC has one on his Goldwing.
      Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Sxy Rdr View Post
        No I do not. And granted... it's a crappy thing to have done. Both the parking and the knocking over of the bike.

But it doesn't look like the bike was parked in the actual spot. Looks like it was parked in the striped zone where the ramp needed to come down from the van.
        In Texas, it's illegal to park in those medians. As you stated, it's the zone where the ramp NEEDS to come down from the van. What good is the handicapped spot if you can't exit your vehicle?

I admit to have parked in this zone before. The one in our grocery store parking lot is HUGE, and I could put the bike in the front right quadrant where it was not in the way of a ramp. <sigh> Yes, I can own up when I've been a jerk.
        '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
        '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
        '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

Karma...

Even with metal in my legs I park in a proper spot and walk.
          When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
          sigpic
          08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
          Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
          my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
          MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Originally posted by Lezbert View Post
            In Texas, it's illegal to park in those medians. As you stated, it's the zone where the ramp NEEDS to come down from the van. What good is the handicapped spot if you can't exit your vehicle?

I admit to have parked in this zone before. The one in our grocery store parking lot is HUGE, and I could put the bike in the front right quadrant where it was not in the way of a ramp. <sigh> Yes, I can own up when I've been a jerk.
            I've parked in yellow striped zones at the ends of parking rows (not in the fire lanes along the store fronts though). Usually the police will leave you alone as long as you're not being an ass about it. But the blue zones... that's definitely a no-no.
            Helen

Comment

I park in the striped zones at school becuase they prefer that motorcyclists park there to save full spots for cars.

But no, I have never parked in a handicapped spot unless I was driving my grandmother around in her car for some reason.
              Borrowed from Deadstick - Although I can handle the bike under normal circumstances, I am no longer confident that I can handle it in all circumstances. I think that is where the idea of a "beginner" bike really lies. It's not that a beginner can't ride it if he/she does everything correctly, it's that he/she should be able to ride it with a margin of safety even if he/she does something wrong or conditions exceed his/her skill level.

Comment

You can get a handicapped MC plate if you qualify for it and park in the handicapped spot, friend has one on his Spyder and had it on his V-Star 1300 before that. The one in the photo was parked in the wrong place at the wrong time for sure. That is a costly drop on a Stratoliner.
                sigpicRichard rider-77!
                Yamaha 2012 Road Star Silverado "S" with 13,900 miles SOLD the 2009 with 75,000 miles

President [for life] Wrinkle Riders. Member Sons of Angioplasty. Fringe member of a Splinter Group. The Ride is the Destination.

"A gentleman is someone that knows how to play a banjo, but doesn't"

Comment

Working...
                X