Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 off-duty officers among bikers in SUV incident

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018

It's sad that the LEO's stood by and did nothing....
    09 Versys Blue and 2011 V-Rod
    08 KLR 650 Red (sold)

Retired Eagle Driver, long live the eagle.

I have a friend who did undercover drug interdiction while he was in the FBI. He mainly worked with a particular 1% club. After talking with him, not about this situation, I can see how/why the undercover officer didn't intervene. But I don't see an excuse for the others. But, Iwasn't there.
    SHONUFF

What I ride
    '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
    '01 Yamaha YZF600R
    '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
    '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
    '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
    '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
    '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

You have to understand a lot of the NYPD is just in it for the pension and benefits, not so much for helping people. I am not surprised at all.
      Ride Naked
      77 KZ650
      03 ZRX1200R
      89 KX125
      01 ZX-9R
      18 H2SX SE
      sigpic
      Originally posted by kthkern
      KZ Is the best!!!

Comment

What started out as an embarrassment to motorcyclists has now become just a huge embarrassment for a whole bunch of people.

I wonder if those 5 actually posses motorcycle licenses, vehicle plates and valid insurance, or if they were
        trying to blend in with the f*&k*ng gang at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff View Post
          But I don't see an excuse for the others.
          Were they armed? If not, I can see a big reason to not intervene.
          Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
          '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

Originally posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
            What happened to "To Serve and Protect". I thought in this brave new liberal world, the LEO's would protect us?

This could be a poster story for the right to CCW, LEO's will not help you.
            08 KLR 650 Red (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Markk9 View Post
              What happened to "To Serve and Protect". I thought in this brave new liberal world, the LEO's would protect us?

This could be a poster story for the right to CCW, LEO's will not help you.
              My Dad was a motorcop and traffic detective. I can assure you that LEOs do help out when off duty. Sometimes they carry their service weapon with them and sometimes they don't, sometimes they can help out and sometimes things happen too fast for them to be of service. You were not there and do not have all of the facts to comment on the situation. Be patient and wait for the facts to be gathered and sorted out.
              2005 Honda Rebel 250 - sold 5/27/08
              2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Custom - sold 6/01/10
              2009 Yamaha 950 Tourer

Comment

Originally posted by WoodstockJeff View Post

Armed or not, they could have made phone calls, filled in details, and/or provided names and faces.
                SHONUFF

What I ride
                '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
                '01 Yamaha YZF600R
                '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
                '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
                '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
                '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
                '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy55 View Post
                  My Dad was a motorcop and traffic detective. I can assure you that LEOs do help out when off duty. Sometimes they carry their service weapon with them and sometimes they don't, sometimes they can help out and sometimes things happen too fast for them to be of service. You were not there and do not have all of the facts to comment on the situation. Be patient and wait for the facts to be gathered and sorted out.
                  You are correct, none of us were there (that I am aware of) but these officers WERE there and had nothing to say about the incident until WEDNESDAY?

from the ABC article linked by markk9:
                  What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.
                  What possible reason would they have for not reporting what they saw to their superiors or the investigating officers as soon as they were out of contact with their "Stuntah" buddies?
                  Keith

'11 Triumph Sprint GT - Blue (The fastest color)
                  '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 - Blue (The fastest color)

Originally posted by atomicalex
                  It feeds my love of machinery to be that close with my whole body.

Comment

Undercover NYPD officer arrested for participating in SUV attack

An undercover police officer was arrested Tuesday after allegedly lying to police about his involvement in the Sept. 29 motorcycle mob and subsequent attack of an SUV driver in New York City.

According to WABC-TV, the undercover officer, 32-year-old Wojciech Braszczok, was charged with riot and criminal mischief.
                    So, it wasn't that the officers did not try to help the victim. At least one officer allegedly actively participated in the attack...
                    Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250

Comment

This is just ugly from every conceivable angle--except for Sergio Consuegra, who intervened. It is going to take a good while to sort out, even for those who have the available facts.

Comment

It would seem by this story that the LEO's again, were not their to help...
                        08 KLR 650 Red (sold)

Comment

Of course, this is also going to serve to move the story OFF of the "gang of bikers acting badly" angle and squarely into "bad cops", if things follow the normal flow...
                          Jeff

'13 XT250

Comment

Originally posted by mz33 View Post
                            This is just ugly from every conceivable angle--except for Sergio Consuegra, who intervened. It is going to take a good while to sort out, even for those who have the available facts.
                            Thank God this man was there
                            Originally posted by bikebitsmall
                            64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
                            Originally posted by CaptCrash
                            A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Comment

The part that really bothers me, is how many people know about this incident. I work in a large plant, 1500+ people, and I'm getting asked about my take by lots and lots of people.

For me, this goes to show how much the LEO's really are on our side. The quality of the people that they are recruiting.
                              08 KLR 650 Red (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X