Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found it: http://www.ataont.ca/trials-training...ril-28th-2018/

Comment

I’m in. Going to be a busy weekend with that and an event in Ormstown the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
        I’m in. Going to be a busy weekend with that and an event in Ormstown the next day.
        but imagine how good you will ride at Ormstown

Comment

Based on previous experience of riding with you, by the middle of the afternoon chances are that I and/or my bike will be leaking red fluid and in no shape to ride at all the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Matt View Post
            Based on previous experience of riding with you, by the middle of the afternoon chances are that I and/or my bike will be leaking red fluid and in no shape to ride at all the next day.
            Trust the bike is still good but you left your hat at my house are you going to Lions Head or here next
            ... and how was Ormstown

Comment

Originally posted by Trials View Post
              Trust the bike is still good but you left your hat at my house are you going to Lions Head or here next
              ... and how was Ormstown
              Ha, I wondered what happened to that hat. No big loss anyway.

Thanks for the lunch! Much better than what I brought.

Also thanks for letting me ride your bike. It’s funny, despite it being a far better machine, it’s so different from what I’m used to that I struggled with it a lot. I kept losing my balance and falling over because I’d squeeze the brake and it would actually stop instead of just slowing down a bit.

Lion’s Head sounds cool, but I think I’ll pass. By the time I drive there and back it’d be a 4 day event. I might make it to the one at your place, though. What’s the deal for fees and memberships etc?

Ormstown was very soggy and slippery, rained steadily the whole time. My first event moving up to B class from C, and I finished in the middle of the pack so no real complaints. Tied my worst score ever, though. Did I mention it was slippery?

Comment

Well now you guys have me thinking about upgrading to a 21st century bike. What was that Beta that Dave Butler was selling?

Comment

Ormstown is always a mud fest when it's dry they ride right up the river. My August event is CMA sanctioned so CMA comp license is required, we might have some non-sanctioned events here too this year I will keep you advised.

You should have test rode that Beta! I think it is either a Rev3 or a Zero, I can find out more if you have interest. They ride nice, very sturdy frame is very slightly heavier in the front end compared to the current Evo models. Plastics are a little more flexible and durable then the Evo too. Tires looked to have one or possibly 2 seasons on them, the price would probably be reasonable at ~ half or slightly less then half the cost of a new bike.

Comment

He did offer me a ride, but I didn’t want to make him unload it just for my idle curiosity. I’m not all that serious and I think he said he had several other people interested already.

That said, if you hear about any really good deals, let me know.

Comment

Bunch of guys are riding Arden this Thursday if you are up for it Matt

Comment

That sounds great, but unfortunately it’s not a good day for me. Next time!

Comment

Any thoughts on a 2012 GasGas TXT 300?
                          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-m...ationFlag=true

Comment

GasGas really rides nice, great power, very light, production of new machines and a future for replacement parts became a concern in recent years when the factory went bankrupt but rumour has it there is still a lot of inventory somewhere. I would still buy one if a few critical parts like replacement piston, rings, bottom end bearings and seals are still available. That one looks barely used!

Comment

Yeah, looks pretty decent and not a bad price. I see there are two GasGas dealers in Ontario; guess I’ll give them a call and see about availability of pre-bankruptcy parts.

Comment

Was a good 2 day trial no rain and no bugs lol what more could one ask for.
                                btw Dave Butler has interest in your TY175 as a trade, he had a brand new Beta and a TRS that he is riding this year That TRS 250 would definitely up your game Matt

Word is GasGas is still viable and bike parts are still in good supply.

Comment

Working...
                                X