Dirt Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt Weekend

Rode the WR both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. Unfortunately, I THOUGHT I'd have some great video footage for you from my brand spanking new GoPro Hero 8 but nooooooooo...the voice commands apparently don't freaking work over the roar of a Yamaha. GRRRRR!!!

Saturday was a fun small group of ladies ride organized by a local facebook group..we had 4 women and 3 guys. It was really a lot of fun. Yesterday, one of those ladies and I went riding on something a bit more technical. A chill ride for her, but it was just technical enough for me where I felt like I was challenging myself while also not scaring the you-know-what out of myself.

Here's one of the photos that DID take from voice command..while stopped. LOL

I am feeling all of my 50 years today, though! My calves are killing me, but...I feel like that's good since I was working on standing on the pegs a bit more than usual.

CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
    sigpic

Too bad they didn't implement the voice commands with Bluetooth capability. Helmet-mounted mics are pretty good at giving clear audio. Last time I took a call on the XT250 at speed, the other party had no idea I wasn't at home.

feeling all of my 50 years today
    Youngsters these days! Hey! No wheelies on my lawn!
    Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

I am incredibly bummed about the voice commands not working. It is so handy...no need to take hands off the bars while trying to hold on in the middle of something gnarly-ish. The peeps in the facebook page/local dirt group or all, "I just start and stop it manually." Yeah...sure...easy for you to say! A lot of them have been riding dirt for a really long time and make it all look very easy. Taking my hands off the bars to futz around with a button is not a good idea in my case. lol And! You can take a video OR a pic with voice commands; you can only set it then press the button for one of those while riding. So...yeah. Feeling a bit ripped off.

A guy posted some really good footage yesterday so I asked him about it. He just lets it run forever then edits it all later. A pain in the butt...sort of how he put it.

PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds about like my go pro effort, I thought I was video taping, rode great, crashed and then too one still picture.
        At least you skipped the crash part

Comment

Recording everything is reasonable, as long as you take into account card size. The cameras I use are limited to 32GB cards, which is about 4.5 hours at full resolution. Since the battery only lasts about 3.8-4.0 hours, it works out OK. Although I have been known to carry additional power and SD chips for those "longer" trips I don't make very often anymore.

Video editing software is cheap or free nowadays, too. And programs like VLC can be used to "record" short sections from video you're playing back, for those who don't want to do actual video editing.
          Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
          '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

Yeah, will try the "record it all" method next outing and see how the editing goes. I have the trial GoPro app for right now; will see how that goes for editing. $50 for a year doesn't seem so bad for the features it offers...as well as a replacement camera if I break this one.
            sigpic

Comment

Try it again, Missy. I think GoPro has a remote wifi connected "On/Off" button that can be installed on your bars.
              Or, do like I did, forget the editing, and just throw the whole thing up! Like this~
              Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Comment

Working...
              X