• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - NewEnough is now Motorcyclegear.com

That is all. carry on shopping.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    sigpic
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Thanks for the heads up.
    I thought there was another web store with that address though?
    Have you hugged your bear today?
    Erna's Hope will live on in her memory
    http://ernashope.org/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lil_bear View Post
      Thanks for the heads up.
      I thought there was another web store with that address though?
      The email I got explained that the domain name became available.

New enough is a weird, but very distinctive name. Motorcycle gear is a very, very generic name. They just traded away years of brand name recognition, for what?

Big, big mistake,imho.
      Last edited by Logan; 01-12-2011, 11:59 PM.
      sigpic 2004 Moto Guzzi California EV Touring,
      2001 BMW F650GSa,

Past Rides: 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000, 1974 Honda CB450, 1966 Yamaha 305, 1971 Honda CL100

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        The email I got explained that the domain name became available.

New enough is a weird, but very distinctive name. Motorcycle gear is a very, very generic name. They just traded away years of brand name recognition, for what?

Big, big mistake,imho.
        I dunno.
        "New enough" isn't what they are and while they may have a following, they need to continue to grow their business. Finding a name that really says what they are doing might just do that.
        And newenough.com points to the new website, so I don't see any issue with losing their regular clients.

motorcyclegear.com might not be as catchy/unique but I think finding a name that says more about who you are is more important than a name that doesn't. New enough says nothing about who they are. Everything is brand new.
        CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
        PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
        Test riding bikes since 2004.
        If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
        sigpic

Comment

My guess would they wanted the name for search reasons. Someone googles "motorcycle gear" and they'll now be one of the first, if not the first, hit.
          SHONUFF

What I ride
          '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
          '01 Yamaha YZF600R
          '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
          '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
          '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
          '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
          '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Every time I suggested the site to someone they would always ask if they sold used stuff.

Comment

Whichever way they go, I hope their customer service and prices remain the same.
              When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
              sigpic
              08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
              Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
              my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
              MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Comment

Originally posted by coolie569 View Post
                I think it's a good idea. Every time I suggested the site to someone they would always ask if they sold used stuff.
                Which is how they started, selling used leathers...
                Originally posted by OBX-RIDER
                put the whiffer in the dilly
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoDownSinner View Post
                  Which is how they started, selling used leathers...
                  I bought a Vanson jacket from them way back then. Still have it....though it's shrunk a little...
                  The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Comment

Originally posted by asp125 View Post
                    Whichever way they go, I hope their customer service and prices remain the same.
                    Yes, to both of your hopes. I bought a pair of textile pants from them last week, and they arrived last Thursday. I wanted to reposition the knee pads, and I had to remove the Thinsulate liner. When I unsnapped one of the tabs, the male side of the snap came apart. It remained snapped into the female end, but detached itself from the tab.

I went to the website to see about an exchange policy, and I only saw an option for returns. I used the chat feature to speak with a customer service rep to see if my only exchange option was to return it, receive credit, and then reorder. I shot him my order number, and in a couple of minutes he was back with me saying he sent a return label to me, so all I had to do was seal the box and send the merchandise back via a UPS store. When they received the merchandise, they'd send a new pair of pants. Then he said if I wanted to get the replacement pants sooner, I could call and give him my credit card number (which they don't store in the customer database). They wouldn't charge the card, but needed it to ship out a pair of pants today. I called and spoke with the rep I was chatting with and, now I have a pair of pants heading my way.

So, yeah, their customer service was amazing.
                    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
                    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
                    '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Comment

Working...
                    X