Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Dollies...NOT what you pervs think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Dollies...NOT what you pervs think...

Not dead yet...

Author of "Motorcycles, Life and..." & "The Elemental Motorcyclist"

http://motorcycleslifeandeverything.wordpress.com

www.howzitdonecrash.com

Hey Crash! Good to see that you're not dead. I do have question about your dolly. Is the placement of the side-stand 'tray' adjustable? One of my bikes is an '82 BMW. The air-cooled BMWs have their side-stands placed unusually far forward. If you think of where the cylinders are located, the stand pivot is directly underneath.

Comment

Manual

Does not look like it, without drilling some new holes. And where the tray bolts to seems to be a reinforced joint.
      Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
      '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Comment

Originally posted by AZridered View Post
        Hey Crash! Good to see that you're not dead. I do have question about your dolly. Is the placement of the side-stand 'tray' adjustable? One of my bikes is an '82 BMW. The air-cooled BMWs have their side-stands placed unusually far forward. If you think of where the cylinders are located, the stand pivot is directly underneath.
        Yes there are three positions that you can choose from out of the box. I've got the same unit and I like it well enough.
        Rain Rain Go Away,
        So I can ride another day.
        Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
        2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
        2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Comment

I don't need to be able to turn my motorcycles around, but the ability to slide them sideways and take up less space is VERY appealing.

Comment

Hey Crash!! Great to see you! *waves at my laptop screen*
            CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
            PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
            Test riding bikes since 2004.
            If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X