Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tank bags

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_L
    Check out Pelican cases... And a lot of guys have been working out ways to attach them to a bike. I use a pair for saddlebags now. Search the ADVRider Formum for Pelican to see some examples.

Here is one thread on ADVRider.
    This thread on ADVRider is fantastic. I've been looking for advice on this all summer. It's really about how to make inexpensive, strong and nice looking mounting brackets for your bike so you can attach any type of bag to your MC. Yes, they seem to have a Pelican fixation, saying that Pelican makes the best boxes available. Their attitude of inexpensive, reliability and the ability to fix your gear is really appealing. These tips are also great for commuters who want hard pannier storage on their bike (who doesn't).

Thanks, Karl.

Flirting With The Redline
    Wow, thanks for all the info guys. I have a feeling I'm just going to be bungeeing the pelican case i have to the tail for the time being, as whatever hard luggage I put on the bike I'm probably going to have to fab, and fab the hell out of, cuz I'm like that.

Chrystal, thanks for the info on the Icon bag, I've been looking at them.

I had more to say in an earlier post that got deleted, so if anything more comes to me, I'll make another post.
    the weapons of destruction/ they are gasoline and petroleum - The Slackers

fighting the "War on Terror" 2 wheels and 50mpg at a time

1995 Kawasaki EX500 "Shayna"

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid." - LoDownSinner, on a pretty regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LoDownSinner View Post
    Look for some good stuff from the rolling paper squad...

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2young
    Wow, thanks for all the info guys. I have a feeling I'm just going to be bungeeing the pelican case i have to the tail for the time being, .....
    Make sure you get the bungee NET and not the cords. Cords tend to roll esp with hard cases, nets hold in every direction.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

RiderCoach 3000 Posts! Prof._HH's Avatar
    I know I'm joining in late but....

I just put a GIVI top case on my bike. It's hard shell and you can put custom foam in it. They unlock from the bike and you can carry it around like a brief-case. It's a bit bulky but well worth the $. You can find GIVI stuff at lots of on-line places (or local dealers).

There's pics of a topcase on the EX at http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/814/139/
    My boss said to dress for the job I want, not the one I have.

Now, I'm waiting for my meeting with H.R. about my blue tights and cape.
    FML

Flirting With The Redline
    Thanks for that HH, I thought Givi only made soft luggage for the EX. With a hard case like that, I could just toss my camera bag in there, which would be much more convienent when I actually showed up to a shoot. God, options options options
    the weapons of destruction/ they are gasoline and petroleum - The Slackers

fighting the "War on Terror" 2 wheels and 50mpg at a time

1995 Kawasaki EX500 "Shayna"

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid." - LoDownSinner, on a pretty regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LoDownSinner View Post
    Look for some good stuff from the rolling paper squad...