Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tall guy...

Flirting With The Redline Triumph's Avatar
    The dealers like to pad the (very small) profit margin of the 250 with ad on fees like assembly and well, just made up charges. Really though, there's no reason not to pick up a used one. New you're looking at probably 3500 out the door, taxes and fees included. Pick up a used one for probably 2000-2500 out of pocket. It's been the same bike for the last 17 years, so why bother with a brand new one?
    Blaine
    2001 Yamaha YZF 600R
    1998 KLR 650
    1999 BMW R1100 RT Police
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 - Sold
    http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bfroesch.../sig_image.jpg

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! MarcS's Avatar
    What happened to a 5-10 year old beginner bike? That's the perfect thing; you will be able to learn on it, learn basic maintenance, push it until you've hit the limits, and then sell it probably for what you paid.

NIN
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcS
    What happened to a 5-10 year old beginner bike? That's the perfect thing; you will be able to learn on it, learn basic maintenance, push it until you've hit the limits, and then sell it probably for what you paid.
    yeah, that's the general time frame i'm looking for. toward the end of my last post i said, "around 98-00"... i just went to the dealer to sit on it and the dealer is easily accessible.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! aprilmaybe's Avatar
    Another bike that gets recommended for tall guys is the KLR650
    09 Triumph Bonneville - work perk / 04 Ducati Monster - street / 01 Suzuki SV650 - track / 08 Aprilia Tuono - his

SoCal riders check out -- www.socal-letsride.com
    Pink Cars and Stars - Tumlr