Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi New Members!

carlo
    Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but not to motorcycling.
    I guess you'd call me an old guy who never grew up. Started riding in 1969, never quit.
    Motorcycling is for me, as close to a way of life as you can get.
    Basic transportation, hobby (fixing up and restoring old bikes), sport, passtime.
    I think I have a wealth of experience and information to contriute to new riders, particularly in the area of survival on the streets. It's an area of particular interest to me.
    How many posts do I have to make before I can use my own avatar?

hatrick4
    Good Morning everyone, newbie from Buffalo NY, trying to get my riding in before the snow flies in a couple of months.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! christhisguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

FastHer...
    87vert...
    carlo...
    hatrick4...
    and all new members...

WELCOME!!

This is a fantastic site, and I'm sure I speak for all when I say we hope you stick around!

Also, apologies for the lack of individual responses in this thread. I think most members are used to seeing it at the top and just scroll by. Please don't take that as indifference. We most definitely are here to help, encourage, answer questions, provide advice, and share your passion for motorcycles of all shapes and sizes. [Heck I've been w/ this crowd for a few years now and I just ride a 250cc dirtbike!] So jump on in! Start new threads about whatever, post in others even if (especially if?) you don't know what we're talking about, and soak it up!

Cheers!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith0078 View Post
    I started to get worried when I was looking for a rear shock from a Gixxer 1000 for the Bandit...
    Current: '93 Yamaha Seca II "Tonbo"
    BITD: '00 Honda XR250R, '95 Yamaha RT 180

divecop
    Posted by Christhisguy
    FastHer...
    87vert...
    carlo...
    hatrick4...
    and all new members...

WELCOME!!
    I second what Chris said...this is a great forum and don't hesitate to ask questions...

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! christhisguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh and Carlo - there's no post requirement for avatars afaik, just membership. When you're logged in, click the "User CP" link in the nav bar up top, and in the left frame of the page that loads you should see "Edit Avatar" under Settings and Options. "The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller)"... and you can upload one from your computer or link to a pic hosting site.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith0078 View Post
    I started to get worried when I was looking for a rear shock from a Gixxer 1000 for the Bandit...
    Current: '93 Yamaha Seca II "Tonbo"
    BITD: '00 Honda XR250R, '95 Yamaha RT 180

MeanderingMan
    Hello to all who reads this, I am a newbie to BeginnerBikers.org. I rode my first bike in 1985 and have been riding on and off ever since, mostly off in the last decade, but I am back into riding for the last few months and wonder why I ever took a break!

Anyhow, I like the feel and tone of these forums, am glad to find somewhere mature and laid-back.

Ummm . . . thank you veterans! I'll do my best to showcase how naive I am!

Quote Originally Posted by MeanderingMan
    Hello to all who reads this, I am a newbie to BeginnerBikers.org. I rode my first bike in 1985 and have been riding on and off ever since, mostly off in the last decade, but I am back into riding for the last few months and wonder why I ever took a break!

Anyhow, I like the feel and tone of these forums, am glad to find somewhere mature and laid-back.
    Hey hey MM! Glad you made it over here! Enjoy!
    You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever.

2006 Silver 650R

Flirting With The Redline ShawnKing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dboogie2288
    To all the new members that have signed up in the past few months, howdy!
    Howdy right back at ya!

Hello everyone. My name is Shawn King, I started riding in December of 05 on an 05 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe. I love it so much, I've already put 16k miles on it and am already looking for my next ride!

Looking forward to "meeting" as many of you as possible and getting my (many) questions asked and answered.
    --
    Shawn King
    2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
    Making Photography Easy!
    www.startingpointphotography.com

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! remy_marathe's Avatar
    Holy hell Shawn, did I misread that or have you put on 16,000 miles in 7 months!? Anyway, welcome to the board!
    *squeak* ... *squeak* ... *squeak* ....
    '98 Suzuki GS500E, a.k.a. "Orange Sonya"
    15,000 miles since 2005, not all of them safe or well executed.