Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,286 of 1286

Thread: Hi New Members!

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Intentionally loud pipes on a motorcycle is a heat score.
    What is "heat score"? Heat source?

Anyway, I am not a fan of loud pipes. I like a nice rumbley growl but not too loud.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Heat score is to openly annoy your neighbours and/or to invite unwanted attention by the police, which is pretty much the same thing.
    As much as I love the sound of my MV Agusta I would enjoy a totally silent motorcycle even more and putting intentionally loud exhaust systems on a vehicle :/ well that's just childish, I haven't thought loud was a fine idea since I was 12. Loud pipes are like a little kid who for no apparent reason screaches so loud that it hurts your ears.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    Norton V4RR...
    "There's no mirrors; you won't need them with a rear facing camera feeding through to your full-color 7-inch HD electronic dash."

I put a rear facing camera on my MV years ago! Guess I'm just slightly ahead of my time.

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Heat score is to openly annoy your neighbours and/or to invite unwanted attention by the police, which is pretty much the same thing.
    As much as I love the sound of my MV Agusta I would enjoy a totally silent motorcycle even more and putting intentionally loud exhaust systems on a vehicle :/ well that's just childish, I haven't thought loud was a fine idea since I was 12. Loud pipes are like a little kid who for no apparent reason screaches so loud that it hurts your ears.
    Who would intentionally invite unwanted attention from the police. The po-po out here are already attentive enough

I havenít any need for loud pipes for the sake of loud pipes. Iím also often befuddled by some of the cruiser guys with obnoxious straight-ish pipes. Not just because itís obnoxious but more as a person whoís addicted to great sounding engines I confused why anyone would cover up the engine tone with a blatty sounding noise. On the other hand the sound of a well tuned Ducati is magic. The Honda 250rr club that rides my area, those bikes make a blissful note albeit certainly not quiet. Iím diggin the stock sound on the newer KTM machines as well. My new Street Triple is pretty docile until you jump on it, itís has a nice note from there but Iíll admit the Euro4 exhaust on the bike covers some of the great engine and intake whirl the earlier Steet Triples had. Iíll jump on a new exhaust as soon as all the fuel maps are sorted out. The thereís this https://youtu.be/DrukZIqDbMg

The sound of a stock Ferrari is the best sound Iíve ever heard followed closely by my friendly, unassuming neighbor who (surprise!) happens to have a Ford GT in his garage. What a noise that machine makes. Thereís a guy at work that has Maclaren and Iíll sneak out just to hear him fire it up. Iíve been to an F1 race and although clearly nothing on the planet is as loud itís still an awsome sensory experience.

Loud pipes not so much.....loud engines a bit of a different story for me

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ever go to a MotoGP? Now THERE'S some loud pipes! The 250s sound like angry bees, but the premier class bikes ... wow!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Ever go to a MotoGP? Now THERE'S some loud pipes! The 250s sound like angry bees, but the premier class bikes ... wow!
    Yea actually I have been to a MotoGp. Almost made it this (last) year but work, as usual, got in the way. Same thing, that first lap pass is sensory over-load. I even get a kick out of YouTube watching the pre-season testing MotoGp does. Hearing a single MotoGp bike echo and roar down the straight at Sepang is musical to me.i

On a side note I realized after posting I may have been a little prejudice in my post signaling out cruiser style bike as using loud pipes for the sake of loud pipes. Itís a practice certainly not limited to cruiser folk. The street Rossiís here in Los Angeles are equally as guilty of putting on pipes that serve little purpose other than to make a lot of noise. It seems of late and as the market expands Sports riders have moved and morphed from the glorious sounding after-market pipes like the Akroís, Termiís and Remus to the MUCH more aggressive SCís, Austin Racing and Yoshís. That and where a proper (post new exhaust) tune and air filter can gain a handful of horsepower it would then logically lead to the question of ďdoes one really need more horsepower on their 2018 R1Ē? Probably not

I have no problem with a great sounding engine/exhaust combo especially if itís complimentary of the character of the machine. But as I mentioned loud for loud sake is goofy no matter the genre.