Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Sales are Up?

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    Thank you for posting this. Used it as a catalyst for "can we get back to training, please?" discussion. Sent you an email.

I would have had a KLX 230 in the garage if the timing weren't so "bad" of just having bought the 5.0. Hubby drew the line at the KLX.

So some mornings, I'm pedaling in the dirt instead.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    All kinds of new riders here and training is all we do most days, we train each other. It's awesome

I catch for the experts and tell them what they are doing wrong, and they catch for me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    Come to think of it ... you gotta be ready to take lots of criticism or do not apply

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, yeah...$1200+ and an additional $600/week in unemployment (which, out here yields an average of $900/week or 3600/month, far more than most make when working) boosted sales everywhere. Watch for all those new bikes to end up on Craigslist as unemployment and shut downs continue and those $600 weekly bonuses fall off.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Those bonuses don't help credit rating. The store where I work has seen increased sales, and not to credit challenged customers.

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    Those bonuses don't help credit rating. The store where I work has seen increased sales, and not to credit challenged customers.
    Do you guys sell competition dirt bikes?

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    True, they don't.

But you had best believe they certainly did help folks with fair to decent credit (which hadn't been affected yet as UE began ramping up). One can maintain good credit and live beyond their means, it's been happening since the 1990s when money became so cheap to borrow and continues on today after numerous economy-wrecking influences since then. The refi-train is rarely derailed.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

People that live totally within their means and pay for everything outright can have terrible credit ratings simply because they never borrowed money in their entire life. They don't miss it much either because you can't miss something you never had

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    People that live totally within their means and pay for everything outright can have terrible credit ratings simply because they never borrowed money in their entire life. They don't miss it much either because you can't miss something you never had
    This is true. Maybe not terrible ratings. Most people have some history of paying bills on time. But lower credit ratings than people who use credit.

Credit ratings are different than credit worthiness. Many people who do not use credit are very credit worthy, but have lower credit ratings than others who are less creditworthy. This is because credit ratings have more to do with expected profitability to the lender. People who do not use credit much tend to pay off loans early and are less profitable to lenders. Lenders incur costs to initiate loans and are only profitable if they are able to collect interest over time. People who pay off loans early are not as profitable. And people who do not use credit have less data to use to predict how they will handle their loans.

Lenders want people who make their payments on time and pay loans off over the expected life of the loan. Borrowers who use credit a lot, have more history and are more profitable to lenders.

lol I will always remember the day my mom had a credit card and my dad got turned down. They should have never done that, he didn't even want one after that. Mom didn't even have a real income job, Dad was the bread winner.