Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Why" this site is sick...

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Ironically, Harley has the same exact problem....
    Yet they continue to lead domestic unit sales each year leaving second place Honda in their wake...
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    Yet they continue to lead domestic unit sales each year leaving second place Honda in their wake...
    Well I should Hope Harley-Davidson would enjoy strong US domestic sales!
    but I imagine Honda could say the same about international sales in the rest of the entire world.

Oh wait, you're not talking about All Honda motorcycle sales are you, only the ones that compete with H-D? Honda sells a lot of dirt bikes H-D never even dreamed of.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post

Oh wait, you're not talking about All Honda motorcycle sales are you, only the ones that compete with H-D? Honda sells a lot of dirt bikes H-D never even dreamed of.
    One unit = one motorcycle sale

Type of motorcycle is irrelevant. In other words, Harley sells more cruisers (which is the only thing they sell) than Honda sells TOTAL COMBINED in cruisers, sport bikes, standards, dirt bikes, tourers, adventure bikes, mini-motos, and whatever this perverse thing was classified as:

...and HD isn't just selling "marginally more" units. They're kicking Honda's ass. Kawi/Suzi/Yammie aren't too far behind Honda either. Last I saw, HD had 35% of the US market with the four Japanese brands totaling 37%. In other words, HD is almost outselling Japan despite the "huge selection" they offer.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Is this fake news https://www.motorcyclesdata.com/2020...rley-davidson/

"In 2019, approximately 300,800 units of on-highway motorcycles and more than 100,000 units of off-highway motorcycles were sold to customers in the United States." source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ales-of-honda/
    Last edited by Trials; 07-03-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!
    Yeah the site seems to have dried up! It is a pity. This site was exactly what I needed when I started riding 7 years ago. It was the place I learned, the place I got advice, the place I got encouragement, and the place I got to share my joy. I am sure my riding experience would have been vastly different if I had not had this site. I am so happy it was what I needed, when I needed it! I, unfortunately, drifted out of riding when I had to move across country away from my beloved AZ. I sold Woodrow about 2 years ago, and have not bought another bike. I quit coming to the site, as I didn't have anything to share, and reading about biking made me sad. I still think a lot about it, and watch biking videos on Youtube, and that gets me thinking thoughts that don't fit in my current life plan. I was laughing at myself this morning, when I found myself thinking about the money I have in savings as a down-payment on future house buy, and thinking "Man, I could buy the bike I want right now, if I wanted too..... Anyway, I am vastly grateful for all the people who supported me and taught me on my journey all those years ago. It feels like yesterday and also feels like a million years ago. I see a lot of bikes on the road, so I know there has to be tons of new riders who would benefit from a site like this. Someday, I will have a bike again. I hope I can remember how to ride it!!
    2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    I have been asking similar questions on three sites recently. Even with the few participants, I get the best comments here. There is something of great value here.

steve...get the house BEFORE the bike. Dunno if now is a good time to buy, but money's cheap, but prices are strong. I'm thinking in 12-18 months, there should be a "price correction" as LOTS of people are likely, going to lose their homes again. (Unless a vaccine is found, quickly.) That's kinda what I'm waiting on. We shall see what happens in November.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! atonic's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate the term 'biker' but it didn't put me off coming here for the first time in 2006.
    The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar
    I watch the comments from new riders on facecrap and the advice from some of the "experts" that have shown up there. For some reason I still don't consider a $20k+ 650 pound bike to be appropriate for a beginner. There are at least a few of the people from here giving sound advice but they are drowned out by the noise.