Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Why" this site is sick...

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    I got some great information here. It is a shame it is not active. I think a lot of participants are a bit thin skinned. If you are going to put comments out in a public forums, you will be challenged. It is the nature of the beast. People seem reluctant to learn and want only to be right. Nobody knows everything. Everyone can learn.

I also keep aquariums. I participate in www.fishlore.com . That site is much more active. I ideas are exchanged respectfully. People are people. There are thin skins there as well. I suppose there are probably more fish keepers than bikers. And a lot of high school age kids participating so that provides a large population of people active online.

But who would have thought that a bunch of aquarium geeks would be emotionally tougher than bikers?

My stopping posting did not have to do with the middle school age squabbling on this site. I can ignore that. I just drifted to other interests.

But I suspect some people would have been driven off by people who cannot have respect for different opinions.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    The sites fine, it's just a shame more people are not obsessed with riding motorcycles
    young people are too busy on their cell phones.

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    young people are too busy on their cell phones.
    Playing motorcycle racing games.
    Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

isn't that the truth
    People coming to ride tomorrow, is Matt still online? Matt ! Come riding !

You know why the site is sick, it's the same reason the sport is sick,
    people are inherently lazy and it's too easy to find reasons not to do something we are all guilty of it.

Oh and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find free photo hosting services.
    which sucks but does not surprise me because the majority of people are also inherently greedy.

Sorg! you got that chain on yet

Greed and laziness are survival skills that have evolved over millions of years during which success was survival. Greed is resource conservation, laziness in energy conservation. The survival equation has been expending the minimum energy necessary to gather the necessary resources for survival through most of history. These instincts are ingrained in most of us even for those fortunate enough to have access to plenty of resources to survive. The application these survival instincts are out of place for those of us who are not living on the edge of survival. Excess wealth and obesity are examples resource conservation manifesting themselves when resources are plentiful.

We are drawn to high calorie food heavy in sugar and fat even when they do us harm. We are drawn to pursue wealth even when we have more than we need.

Some have difficulty finding motivation to work when they have enough to eat. This is the catch 22 when finding ways to help the poor. Provide too much assistance and you rob them of the motivation to dig out of poverty. Finding ways to provide assistance and a leg up to opportunity is easier said than done.

But it starts with the understanding that many of our problems are rooted in normal survival instincts.

True that.

Intense hot and humid here today, ground is very dry, made riding very challenging
    back protectors are nice when you crash but they sure are hot and sweaty on your back.

I was advised to go to "facebook" to visit the members that used to be on this site. Since I'm not an FB member, I can not see anything (that has to do with motorcycles, anyway.)

However, I did stumble onto a group that rides horses, so there's that....

Not only have the vast majority of members here, left this site, but there's virtually zero new "blood" coming in, also. This is a problem. Ironically, Harley has the same exact problem....(only their cause is much rooted in evil.)

I'm over on TT, and I can't keep up with all the new riders, requesting advice/info on various motorcycles.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Sorg! you got that chain on yet
    No, not yet. Ordered chain. Should be here Monday.

Deleted post
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.