Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: "Why" this site is sick...

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    160 pounders with a 260cc engine are awesome fun and near indestructible from what I have seen recently.
    I sold one to a local enduro rider this year and watched it launched into ravines and accelerate into vertical rock faces several dozen times so far and it has survived without any significant damage. tiny twist in the bars and several scars on the exhaust shield not withstanding it's still a very competitive ride. sold it to him at an awesome deal so I have another local to ride with.

How about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    You should try a non-beginner bike group on for size, the levels of ignorance and "experts" increase exponentially.
    Seriously, you JUST can't make this stuff up:

(yes, that's my smart-assed remark at the bottom of the pic, hence no editing to protect the innocent and guilty alike)

It's a facebook URL so it probably won't last long...I'll copy/cut/paste the OP so it will live on after the URL expires in a few hours/days/weeks as facebook linked URLs randomly do.

Quote Originally Posted by facebook vaporhead
    Thinking of doing a coolant system delete on my (Shadow) 600. Anyone had any problems after doing this??
    Only on facebook could someone think this is a good idea. But wait, out of 21 responses (yes, it was a somewhat active topic for a full six hours) only 6 --- SIX, as in just 29% --- were voices of reason. The rest offered up various fact-oids of junk science and other banquets of bullshit supporting it or at the very least promoting it, including one guy who "has proven ALL the naysayers wrong because he's been riding 25,000 in the past TEN years with no cooling system!" That's right, folks...do the math, 48 miles per week is proof enough that Honda's engineers are blithering morons. Aren't you sold on this great idea by now?!? Surely I don't need to post the remaining 17 unseen posts that were cropped off the image, right?

Let's go back to those figures....29% voices of reason, 71% chest beating knuckle dragging boneheads. And that, ladies & gentlemen, is exactly why forums are a lost format. To paraphrase the late great Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Forums were not as clumsy or random as social media; rather an elegant format for a more civilized age."

Face it, we're luddites.
    Last edited by Shadow Shack; 10-21-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Shadow you need to post a new thread: Thinking about doing a front wheel delete with one of my motorcycles,
    has anyone had any problems after doing this, or was it easy to learn how to ride unicycle?

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar
    Where is this guy? I want to watch what happens when a rod goes through the side of the block.

Dave

Nome Alaska maybe
    lol just fill the block up with cooking oil and direct a fan on it ?

Even better, instead of coolant, use ethanol....
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    lol just fill the block up with cooking oil and direct a fan on it ?
    Use a turkey fryer in place of the radiator, so you can be popular at rallies.
    Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    Use a turkey fryer in place of the radiator, so you can be popular at rallies.
    Multi-tasking while you ride good plan.

Was great riding yesterday had a bunch of riders show up. I spent most of the day leading around a new rider. Josh-Josh crashed on Harley rock nobody has ever crashed on Harley rock before, he must be one hurting unit today

... is this site still sick or is it getting better yet?
    GWS beginnerbikers.org

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (Just remember to NOT use a FROZEN turkey in the fryer, or the whole "delete radiator" issue will be moot)
    Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)