Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's the littlest things...

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, some things continue, despite the lockdowns. Periodically, I'm tracking a twin-engine aircraft doing aerial photograph across the northern Illinois area. Landscapers are landscaping, pizza delivery people are delivering pizzas, power companies are paying to have trees trimmed away from power lines, people are letting controlled burns become uncontrolled, etc.

The "limit how many in the store" has now spread to Walmarts this week. Seems strange that they want people to line up to get in, so that they can keep "social distance" inside the store. But at least they haven't shut down the "order and pick up" service. But they did cut all overnight hours, so it you want to avoid lines... well, you have to come back when there are lines.

The local Dominos removed all their seating, so you aren't tempted to sit down and wait for your order to be cooked.

LOTS of people doing yard work. When the cower-in-place rules lift, we'll probably have the cleanest lawns in decades, as people fight their boredom.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    You need to get good at it, social distancing that is.
    Rode most of today, it's pretty easy to stay busy as usual when you live in the middle of your riding area and the lake is almost completely thawed out plus I'm ancient so I don't even need a fishing license any more! Wife and I have seen a total of 7 other humans in the past 3 weeks, it's actually very nice.

Oh and thank you California you grow good oranges

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Newest thing, in light of tigers in zoos getting COVID... While self-isolating, avoid contact with your pets.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    Newest thing, in light of tigers in zoos getting COVID... While self-isolating, avoid contact with your pets.
    What's that about?
    I was telling people this might become a problem for pets and zoo animals a long time ago, but people preferred to believe it is a human only virus.