Thread: Where can I look to value a bike?

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar

Where can I look to value a bike?

I am thinking about selling my Burgman 400 this spring. I may pick up a Grom or similar to toss in the truck when we go camping. When I got it inspected last spring the guy told me that there is actually a demand for the Burgmans now that they are out of production.

Any pointers on where to find a value guide for bikes? Something like the Edmunds site for cars.

Dave

RiderCoach Wannabe 4000 Posts! Chench53's Avatar
    Kelley Blue Book has a motorcycle value tool
    https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/

So does National Automobile Dealers Association.
    https://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles

I hope that helps!

Gerry
    Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
    '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
    '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
    '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
    - Gerry -

Thanks. Didn't know that.

Dave

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    I knew where to find values for older machines but not where to look for something fairly current. I was able to find out that my two older bikes (1975 and 1982) are more valuable than my "new" 2008.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    I knew where to find values for older machines but not where to look for something fairly current. I was able to find out that my two older bikes (1975 and 1982) are more valuable than my "new" 2008.
    lol you just need to find one of those mythical motorcycle collectors that think they are buying something rare and desirable

... Bergman 400 has the distinction of being the scariest street bike I ever rode.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    ... Bergman 400 has the distinction of being the scariest street bike I ever rode.
    The first time the clutch dropped out on a corner bringing it home from the dealer certainly got my attention. Once I got used to that it seems pretty stable to me.

Dave

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    I found it heavy, it under-steers, the wheels feel miniature and the suspension way too compliant, the seating position is perfect for typing and terrible for steering, the power delivery was like in one of those old movies where the captain blows a whistle and yells through a pipe to giver er full steam ahead then you wait for it to happen, plus you have to watch you don't get rear ended when you slow down for speed bumps or pot holes, brakes are mushy and the fairing or wind screen or something rattled :/ and this was riding a brand new one out of the dealership. I would sell it quickly to somebody that has no preconceived notions what a motorcycle should ride like.

... apparently the old girl that bought the one I rode even too it to the track and did track days with it That would have been amazing to see.