Thread: Down to the Husky

Down to the Husky

Yup, that's right.

The Harley is in the shop for a "compensator." (A known defect.) Made it 21,000 miles.

Going to have them install a Baker compensator as the "screaming eagle" comp appears to not hold up. Hopefully, get it back this week.

Then, last Friday, on my way home from work, on my Triumph Tiger, my transmission ceased to shift (while on the freeway.) Just over 50,000 miles. It was "stuck" in 5th or 6th gear. Turns out the shifter detent & star wheel are a known failure item. So much so, that Triumph has a "shifter kit." So, there I am, trying to "time" the signal lights to my indie. I only had to fully stop at 1 signal light, luckily. Slipping the clutch in 5th from a dead stop sucked, but I got it done. Rode right into my indie's shop with it, told them, " I got another one for you!"

So, now I'm down to riding my Husky to work. (If I break this bike, then I gotta mountain bike!)

Teri's kid is using my car for her work transport duties, so that's out. (Lucky butt, as it's forcast to rain here Tuesday thru Thursday.) I get to ride on knobbies on the street, in the rain! Weeee.

Ok, gotta go wake up you-know-who!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Norty!
    Yay Husky

lol Harley compensator wish I could describe what I thought of when you said that.

Holy crap, I never thought of that! LOL!

I bet this is the first time a Husky has been parked at my work! Maybe 2nd time, as I think I rode it there once, earlier this year.

That was because I wanted to. Today, was because I HAD to!

Gotta ride it again tomorrow.

Dunno when the Triumph parts get here.

The (ahem,) Harley compensator should be arriving soon at the indie's shop. Hopefully. I still get a chuckle out of that!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Holy crap, I never thought of that! LOL!

I bet this is the first time a Husky has been parked at my work! Maybe 2nd time, as I think I rode it there once, earlier this year.

That was because I wanted to. Today, was because I HAD to!

Gotta ride it again tomorrow.

Dunno when the Triumph parts get here.

The (ahem,) Harley compensator should be arriving soon at the indie's shop. Hopefully. I still get a chuckle out of that!
    You must let us know if they had to insert it or strap it on.