Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Znen Lance Milan 150cc - a few questions

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    ... Just for a hoot I priced out insurance for that bike and me riding it just now, I theoretically get the cheapest insurance available here.
    Came to 476$ per year for minimal coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    If you are handy you can keep it going for a long time, parts are cheap by mail order, cost is mostly shipping.

Around here the insurance cost would turn you off wanting any scooter that doesn't have peddles.
    I looked into insurance around here - its nothing. At most 140$ per year.

I've found that amazon has good prices and free shipping on most parts. I can pretty well completely rebuild the engine for about 100$. I'd say thats reasonable as long as its not something I have to do every year lol. I just wish I could find body panels.

Holy you must live in Italy or something around here a 6$ part from china costs 20 to ship

lol not italy - georgia US. Between amazon and ebay I can usually find a good deal on just about anything.

Except those gods forsaken body panels which apparently were made in secret factories with unicorn horns - and can't be found anywhere anymore.

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! atonic's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have you considered vacuum forming your own body panels?
    The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you're concerned about body panels, don't be...if you need reassurance on that, take a gander at the Honda Ruckus and its various Chinese clones.

Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

I had not considered vacuum forming my own - I'm not entirely sure how to do that. An interesting thought though. I'll rig up something to protect the electronicals temporarily while I figure out what I really want to do with it. At the moment its an ugly mess lol but it runs and drives and stops when you tell it to - can't ask for much more than that.

Traditional method would be sheet metal, formed with a thing called an english wheel