Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Znen Lance Milan 150cc - a few questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2008 Znen Lance Milan 150cc - a few questions

I got this scooter for practically nothing - wasn't running, most of the plastic is broken or missing, and it didn't run. After chasing down some crafty electrical gremlins it fired right up - spark was the problem. My question here is - how safe (for the scooter) is it to operate with no body panels? I know to ride it on the road I will need to figure out some mounting for lights - seems like everything on this scooter was held on almost solely by the plastic. Aside from that though are there really any concerns for the electronics as far as weather goes? This is my first scooter - or two wheeled motorized anything for that matter - Seems like all the electronics are pretty well sealed but I'd like some advice on the matter. I was thinking about making this a carpentry project at some point - shaping some unique looking body panels from wood. Anyone ever done something like that? How did it hold up to use? At the moment I plan to just ride it around on the farm but eventually I'd like to use it for quick trips to the store and stuff - I live alone so my grocery trips are pretty minimal and a scooter might make a nice efficient little grocery getter.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Wood, not be the first

Be careful with scooters the nickname is 'ditch pitcher' because on motorcycles with undersized wheels things happen very fast including the crashes

lol my carpentry skills are not that pretty but its interesting to see what people have done. Thanks for your response.

Where is your air intake? that is just as likely to be a problem with water.

Wood can take a lot more heat if you cover it with aluminum foil tape.

Air intake is left side sort of sitting on the transmission.

Drive belt looks to be the most disposable part on the bike, you might want to get a spare or new one of those.

I will look into that for sure - I know very little about this scooters history. The vin tells me its an 08 and all but beyond that I dont know at all what sort of mess its been through for wear and tear. 1700 miles on it - someone told me these engines don't last much longer than 2100 miles. Would you say thats typically accurate? 2100 seems really low.

Is made in china besides 2100 miles is pretty far to ride a little scooter in a part of the world that sees snow for a third of the year.

If I get it road worthy probably wont take me long to put a couple hundred miles on it to test that 2100 mile ceiling lol. Down side to living in the middle of no where everything is far away. Where I live very rarely sees snow and it never sticks around. These people freak out about a light dusting and some flurries its unreal.

... Just for a hoot I priced out insurance for that bike and me riding it just now, I theoretically get the cheapest insurance available here.
    Came to 476$ per year for minimal coverage.