Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you suppose

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    If lived within 6 hours of this one I'd be going for sure! -> https://www.socaltrials.com/new-even...perience-3rfan I think it's near Anza. Bernie Schrieber clinic

& where is Cougar Buttes from you that place looks like fun.

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dehydration can affect you this way.

I deal with elder care on occasion. I can tell when the patient hasn't been drinking enough water, by the fact that basic functions "suddenly" stop being basic. Movements become ragged. Memory of how things work suddenly become elusive. Faced with a task they've done every day, they cannot remember how to start it.

A friend's father crashed his car into a truck parked along side the road and didn't know it, largely due to dehydration. He didn't understand why the car wouldn't move... The left side of it had been stripped off and was wedged under the truck. It wasn't until they'd transported him to the hospital and put him on IV fluids that he was able to understand what had happened, but he had no memory of it happening.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    If lived within 6 hours of this one I'd be going for sure! -> https://www.socaltrials.com/new-even...perience-3rfan I think it's near Anza. Bernie Schrieber clinic

& where is Cougar Buttes from you that place looks like fun.
    Yea that's looks like fun as well! The club (in Anza) is relatively close. That's getting out near Palm Springs. 3 1/2 hours on a good day. 6 on a bad day But the class is up north is at Chancy's Ranch....way up.

Cougar Buttes (I believe) is getting out near Barstow but I'm not sure there...I'll look it up when I get a moment

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    Dehydration can affect you this way.

I deal with elder care on occasion. I can tell when the patient hasn't been drinking enough water, by the fact that basic functions "suddenly" stop being basic. Movements become ragged. Memory of how things work suddenly become elusive. Faced with a task they've done every day, they cannot remember how to start it.

A friend's father crashed his car into a truck parked along side the road and didn't know it, largely due to dehydration. He didn't understand why the car wouldn't move... The left side of it had been stripped off and was wedged under the truck. It wasn't until they'd transported him to the hospital and put him on IV fluids that he was able to understand what had happened, but he had no memory of it happening.
    That's a good point Jeff. I usually ride mornings and it's possible I have drank enough water. I know the MotoGP guys drink gallons of water so there certainly merit here.

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Sometimes we just think too much about our riding, then don't 'just ride'. Training and practice build patterns but we also have to remember to let those patterns work for us. Sometimes we get wrapped up in the details and forget to think ahead. That's why periodically revisiting Code's Level I works so well.

Had to correct my 6th grade grammar and tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    That's a good point Jeff. I usually ride mornings and it's possible I have NOT had enough water. I know the MotoGP guys drink gallons of water so there certainly merit here.
    Last edited by Joseph Hanna; 07-08-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    Sometimes we just think too much about our riding, then don't 'just ride'. Training and practice build patterns but we also have to remember to let those patterns work for us. Sometimes we get wrapped up in the details and forget to think ahead. That's why periodically revisiting Code's Level I works so well.
    I do think once Iíve notice my ride is off I immediately start overthinking. I know once I start overthinking I tighten up my body posture. That would in part explain my increased tendencies of SRís specifically over reacting in tight, blind canyon corners to oncoming traffic. But even so (like Friday) Iíll get off the bike, take a break and try to relax but it doesnít seem to help things for that particular ride. That is to say iím very aware of being tight, itís not a subconscious thing, but tryin to loosen up doesnít provide much relief. Fortunately this doesnít happen but two or three times a year but thereís no doubt itís noticeable when it does rear itís ugly head. Iíll almost always break it off for the day when it happens but still curious as to why it happens.

For the record Sundayís ride was back to normal.

When you're "in the zone" you're in the zone. When you're not, you're not. Very hard to force yourself into the zone.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.