Thread: Fox raceway visit

Fox raceway visit

So, I gotta new bike a couple weeks ago, and thought, what better way to break it in than doing a few laps on the local motocross track?
    Bear in mind, I haven't been on an mx track since 1983 or 4. (Back then, 2-strokes ruled.)

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Awesome Norty
    but I think that track was built for the next cog up hit it faster and chop the throttle a touch when you are airborne, that it will bring the nose down

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    So I've been getting the dirt bike/dual sport itch again. Called a couple dealers today. My used toy store is now selling Husqvarna's. The salesguy was all excited because they have the FE 350 on a great deal. When I asked what that great deal is, he was excited to say $10,400 OTD. I asked him what makes them worth that much money compared to other dual sports. His first answer was that it is hard to explain that over the phone. He must be right because I couldn't find any of his reasons he did list to justify that dollar amount. But they sure look cool. And are really light. But...OUCH!
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

$10.4 OTD is a great deal. You might check to see if Husky still has their "1.99% financial incentive." (That's what I got on my 701.) I just missed their .99% offer by 2 months. Good for 5 years. My Husky payment is less that the Directv payment. And, I'm getting a new motorcycle with a 24 month warranty!

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    The correct answer is truly light weight high performance motorcycles cost more money, thus has it always been.