Thread: Spring Fever Ride

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar

Spring Fever Ride

While many are gearing up for winter, we are being released from the scorching temps of summer. This past week, we had gorgeous temps but I had to work. This time of year ALWAYS sends me into spring fever mode.

The fam was all busy doing their own thing today, so I grabbed the real camera and the Strom for a quick jaunt to Sonoita, with a stop in Empire Ranch to see if I could find any pronghorn. No pronghorn, but I made a stop at the headquarters for the Ranch. Many old Western movies and some scenes from Bonanza were filmed on this Ranch. There's just something about it that intrigues me.

Only about 70 miles total but a beautiful day for a ride and some quick real camera photos.

THe closest we get to fall colors here in southern Arizona.

"New Ranch House", built around 1954. Webpage for info on buildings: https://www.empireranchfoundation.or...nch/buildings/

South Barn and a windmill...and a cool, old gas pump that I have not noticed there before.

The gas pump in the high, but setting, sun.

The Strom with the 1954 New Ranch House in the background:

Threw on the smaller lens to get more of the background behind the Ranch House. The Ranch setting is just beautiful. No matter how many times I am there, it doesn't get old.

I took this quickly before picking it up. Kinda a cool shot. Ranch house in the background. With special thanks to a BBO member/friend that sent me the Cardo unit attached to the helmet. I like being able to listen to music wirelessly...and GPS directions when I need them. I posted on facebook asking questions about units, and she offered to send one to me as she had an extra one. How cool is that??!!

And, of course, no ride is complete without a pit stop for proper food groups.

Last edited by Missy B; 11-19-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    Like!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

We have no "downtime" for motorcycling here. We ride all year long. We just change the direction during certain times of the year. Right now for instance, we may ride towards the desert as it's finally cooled off.

Or, we may ride the beach as it's nice anytime...

But not really the mountains unless someone wants pie...
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Like NORTY, we get to ride year 'round here. My only downtime is the 3-4 weeks each summer we have with triple-digit temps. During the winter, I'll ride down to the mid-to-low 30s. Well, I did with the ST, which had heated grips. I'm testing my tolerance on the Versys, which currently has only the hand guards to keep the wind off my knuckles.

All that said, I'm jealous, Missy. I definitely need to find more scenic routes for my rides.
    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
    '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

I do ride all year long, too, but it's so much nicer this time of year than when it is scorching hot outside. We are very fortunate.

Rhonda, I struggle with the same "find more scenic routes". This is pretty much the short scenic route one. We have Mt Lemmon but getting up there takes about 1/2 hour from my house, then it's the ascent and descent time plus another half hour trip home. Takes up a lot of the day so quick jaunts are had to the Sonoita/Empire Ranch area. Some fun, short twisties on the way, too. Not Mt Lemmon twisties, but...
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me: Looks at snow on the ground... throws a blanket over himself... pouts.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Awww....poor Jefe!!!