Thread: Spring Fever Ride

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar

Spring Fever Ride

While many are gearing up for winter, we are being released from the scorching temps of summer. This past week, we had gorgeous temps but I had to work. This time of year ALWAYS sends me into spring fever mode.

The fam was all busy doing their own thing today, so I grabbed the real camera and the Strom for a quick jaunt to Sonoita, with a stop in Empire Ranch to see if I could find any pronghorn. No pronghorn, but I made a stop at the headquarters for the Ranch. Many old Western movies and some scenes from Bonanza were filmed on this Ranch. There's just something about it that intrigues me.

Only about 70 miles total but a beautiful day for a ride and some quick real camera photos.

THe closest we get to fall colors here in southern Arizona.

"New Ranch House", built around 1954. Webpage for info on buildings: https://www.empireranchfoundation.or...nch/buildings/

South Barn and a windmill...and a cool, old gas pump that I have not noticed there before.

The gas pump in the high, but setting, sun.

The Strom with the 1954 New Ranch House in the background:

Threw on the smaller lens to get more of the background behind the Ranch House. The Ranch setting is just beautiful. No matter how many times I am there, it doesn't get old.

I took this quickly before picking it up. Kinda a cool shot. Ranch house in the background. With special thanks to a BBO member/friend that sent me the Cardo unit attached to the helmet. I like being able to listen to music wirelessly...and GPS directions when I need them. I posted on facebook asking questions about units, and she offered to send one to me as she had an extra one. How cool is that??!!

And, of course, no ride is complete without a pit stop for proper food groups.

Last edited by Missy B; 11-19-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!