Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "He Laid it Down to Avoid the Crash"

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    I'm 63 and compete against riders 1/3rd my age, my goal for the day is to still be doing this when I'm 80

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    You have to consider that Trials is riding his trials bike. Context is important.
    Most of us here are in the same mindset as you, schmidtke. And a belated welcome to our lil corner of the internet!
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

Yep, I don't crash my street bikes, crashing on the street is not an option.

there's at least 1 other crazy trials rider on here and he's welcome to come ride tomorrow at my place.
    ... I'll take pictures if anybody crashes.
    Last edited by Trials; 10-15-2018 at 07:42 PM.

I didn't crash today

Flirting With The Redline DUISparky's Avatar
    That looks like way too much fun, Trials!

As for the OT, I can proudly say I've never crashed to avoid a crash on the street. I like to keep the rubber parts on the pavement, and avoid putting the flesh and bone parts down there whenever possible.
    2015 Indian Scout First Run #500
    2016 Indian Chief Vintage

Youngest rider out today is 59, he crashed the most, oldest is 73 he says he didn't crash. Those first two are on my spare bike, the last one he went back to his old TL125 ... oooooo bad moved for this terrain.

... if you're going to bail on the street you better be going slow enough to break into a run and you better have room to slow down or turn, you also need to be very cognizant of the possibility the cars and trucks behind will run you over.
    last resort ride over the guys car if at all possible.

Missy B--

Thanks for the warm welcome!

You're right; context makes a BIG difference in any narrative, and I now know what both you and Trials are talking about, especially after Trial's "photo spread" appeared here 😆

I'm exclusively a street rider, but understand the allure of trials riding too. My current bike is under construction, but will look like the one pictured here. Sixty-five mph capability, very maneuverable, very much the small bike I could never afford in high school 😆

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Eagerly awaiting it's completion; I'm a teacher, and want to ride this thing to school each day as Ohio weather allows.

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtke09 View Post
    Eagerly awaiting it's completion; I'm a teacher, and want to ride this thing to school each day as Ohio weather allows.

I’m an Ohio native although I’ve not lived there in many, many years. Where abouts in Ohio are you? (if you don’t mind me asking). Some day, before I get too old, I’m gonna quit this crazy SoCal non-sense and make it back home. Very much looking forward to it

Joseph, c'mon home!

I live in tiny, rural Chagrin Falls. It's about 30 miles east of Cleveland. My dad was a Marine Corps officer; we have lived all over the U.S. of A. The only place I've been to in CA is San Francisco, back in the 1990s.