Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slingshot Driver Killed in Collision

Here's the photo of the CT-R110 I neglected to attach to my last post . . .

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That looks like some wholesome good retro-fun.

Speaking of which, the 2019 Super Cub has caught my interest lately...
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

I think the Cub and the new Monkey are going to be extremely popular, speaking of "retro fun." Many of us have fond memories of these bikes' predecessors from our youth, and the ~$4,000 price tag seems pretty dang reasonable. Love the styling of both bikes. You thinking of buying one? Not sure if they are slated to reach our shores . . .

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtke09 View Post
    I think the Cub and the new Monkey are going to be extremely popular, speaking of "retro fun." Many of us have fond memories of these bikes' predecessors from our youth, and the ~$4,000 price tag seems pretty dang reasonable. Love the styling of both bikes. You thinking of buying one? Not sure if they are slated to reach our shores . . .

The Cub does catch my eye, I can't deny that. Sadly the days of brand new bargain bikes are gone, I was spoiled when the 600 Shadow carried a $5K MSRP and the Rebel was $3K. All that died when the recession hit and the dollar weakened...even though we've recovered/regaining the high MSRPs remain...so with my perspective I'd have a tough time meeting a $3700 MSRP for a bike that's half the former $3K Rebel. Meanwhile, Kawasaki's has their Grom-competitor Z125 platform at $3200-3400 depending on trim, still on the high side in my opinion but we'll see how sales fare against each other.

One positive thing I can say about this: it's refreshing to finally see Honda sharing a motor between platforms, that decade of a dozen or so clones of various fender/pipe/wheel exchanges for different not-models of the VTX was an overly long yawn-fest (and their declining sales in that time is proof). The 750 Shadow line almost made this premise work, the Aero and Spirit were different enough but then they mish-mashed both of those to make the Phantom...the 750RS was the only truly different bike. The last time we saw engines shared in actual different platforms. Before that we had the 600 Shadow and TransAlp in the late-80's...so it's good to see that kind of shared engine variety once more. They need todo this with other platforms, because their model gallery is weak and in serious need of expansion.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com