Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Remus exhaust

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar

New Remus exhaust

It certainly is getting tougher and tougher to install aftermarket pipes these days. Euro4 and American restrictions are locking down ECUís harder than ever. I had Remus exhausts on my last two Ducatiís and loved them.

Finally working through some issues on the Street Triple with the Remus. I think itís just the right amount of aggressive without coming close to being obnoxious.

https://vimeo.com/274366190

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For the full effect you need to either have someone film you riding off or you film someone else riding it off. The driver's seat sites forward of the tailpipe(s) so you don't really get to hear them.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    what were the issues with the stock exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    what were the issues with the stock exhaust?
    Just a tad sewing machine-ish Iím a sucker for a good engine/exhaust sound, be it bike, car or aircraft. I have two super-cars here in my neighborhood and the sound alone is phenomenal. The new Ford GT is the only factory machine Iíve ever heard sound better than the Ferrariís although I have stood next to Nick Cagesí 1964 275 GTB and Iíd argue itís the single best sound Iíve ever encountered. One of my work friends has a brand new Corvette which makes an amazing sound especially in its price range.

Iím also fortunate enough to have attended an F1 race and certainly among the many sensory attractions, sound is high on the list. Same goes for the Long Beach Grand Prix which is a yearly event for me. The sound of 6 Indy cars at 12 thousand rpmís screaming past, then echoing up into downtown Long Beach and back is pretty unforgettable. Iíve been to Pomona raceway a dozen times over the years and although Iím not much of a drag race fan the sound of top-fuel is undeniably unforgettable.

I live pretty close to both the Burbank airport and the beautiful, iconistic Van Nuys airport. Both are home to the worldís greatest collection of WW II aircraft. Thereís a P-51 that often flys over and it makes a sound thatís next to unbelievable. There a formation of old Mitsubishi Zeroís that fly over virtually every weekend that make an imposing sound. There's also a B-24 that parades around on holidays. If memory serves those were Ford 12 cylinders (maybe 14 cylinder) radial. Iíd describe that sound as majestic.

Of course thereís the handful of Mike Hailwood Ducatiís that show up almost everywhere I ride including Lenoís. Nothing out there sounds as cool as a well tuned older Ducati. Thereís of course the guys here in town (Iíve mentioned this before) that have somehow managed to import some of the old Honda cbr250rrís that make a beautiful sound.

With all of these machines whether by design or out of necessity, sound plays a major role of which I really enjoy. I dunno perhaps itís childish of me. If it is childish however....itís the last childish thing Iíve managed to hold on to

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    For the full effect you need to either have someone film you riding off or you film someone else riding it off. The driver's seat sites forward of the tailpipe(s) so you don't really get to hear them.
    Yea your right! One of these days Iíll do an entire day of b-roll and off the bike vids so I can combine and actually put together a proper video. For now thisíll have to do

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LOL yasss! One must never hold constant throttle through a tunnel!

That Remus sounds a little throatier than my Arrow's but yes, Triples sound glorious with the right pipes.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    I have stood next to Nick Cages’ 1964 275 GTB and I’d argue it’s the single best sound I’ve ever encountered.
    Nothing compares to the sound of a V-12.

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    Nothing compares to the sound of a V-12.
    Something like this?

https://youtu.be/KHgD0wJGcR0

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Some years ago I had the good fortune to have been able to attend a few Formula 1 races. Back when Reanult was building V10s and Ferrari was still allowed to run V12. An F1V12 at 18k-plus rpm is a very special sound.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/1_kwxzU4wL4
    Not bad for a commercial. Turn it up loud enough that your family comes in and says, "WTH!"
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.