Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indian FTR1200 Production Model

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! liberpolly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Makes little odds :/ how many people do you think will leave the license plate/fender and quiet pipes on it? Less than or more then 2%

... is cold and wet as a dogs nose here today what's it like there?
    Nice and sunny here, took my Diavel to a looooooong ride to work to clear the GPR pipe's throat, to cure my lust for the new shiny Indian Didn't go away. This exhaust is destined to be ditched, and Indian knows it.
    "The better you're prepared, the luckier you get".

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    I have a wood shed that needs filling :/ would trade you weather but not the work.

Aftermarketeers are going to have a devil of a time fitting raised pipes on that bike.
    & check out the passenger peg location Perfect reach for the average american 3 year old. Those have to go too.

Flirting With The Redline DUISparky's Avatar
    I read somewhere yesterday that Akropovik already has two slip-on exhaust options for the FTR - low and high - available.

Passengers? I don't need no stinking passengers! Passenger pegs would just go away and never be thought about again if I were to buy one. I have the Green Beast for 2 ups. The Scout is a solo ride and so would the FTR be, for me.
    2015 Indian Scout First Run #500
    2016 Indian Chief Vintage

Totally agree; I'd rather have an insurance reduction then useless passenger pegs on a bike that should be ridden solo anyway. High pipes on that ride are going to be a serious leg burn hazard, 4-stroke headers run serious hot, almost certainly that is why the factory went with down pipes. I wouldn't be able to own something like that and Not race it would get hazardous and expensive in a real hurry, all it needs is a dirt horse track and I know where there are several of those.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Makes little odds :/ how many people do you think will leave the license plate/fender and quiet pipes on it? Less than or more then 2%

Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather have an insurance reduction then useless passenger pegs on a bike that should be ridden solo anyway.
    Insurance reduction --- do Canadian insurance outfits drop the rates for bikes set up for solo riding versus having accommodations for passengers?
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    Insurance reduction --- do Canadian insurance outfits drop the rates for bikes set up for solo riding versus having accommodations for passengers?
    no that would be logical, it's not offered, I asked.

I also pay extra premiums because my spouse has an M license, ignore the fact she can't pilot either of my street bikes.
    I also pay separate liability policies on my sea-doo's, but it's not nearly as outrageous $

... nicer day today, fish are bitting, woodshed filling nicely life is good if you don't weaken