Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda CB1100

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    Though knowing that Sorg has a Harley and seems ok with its ergonomics, it is a fair question, why not a newer Japanese cruiser?
    That is a fair question. I am "okay" with pretty much anything with two wheels and a motor.

The CB1100 would have a bit of an old school vibe but handle better than a cruiser. And I think I like the standard seating position better.

Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    I got an OTD of $6,878 not including state taxes ...
    Is that a price on a CB1100? 2014 new?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorg67 View Post
    Is that a price on a CB1100? 2014 new?
    Yep .........
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Yep .........
    Thanks. I am thinking they will be starting in the low 7's OTD and I may get them down to the range you got to. If I can get a new 2014 for $6,800 to $7,000 then I am thinking the used 2013 with 12K miles should be $4,300 to $4,500 OTD.

Sound about right?

I am also thinking the dealer probably took the 2013 in trade for a newer bike and gave them $2,000 to $2,500 for it. Put new tires on it, give it a service and maybe they have $2,500 to $3,000 into it. I figure tax, tag and title is $500ish so if I offer $4,500 OTD, they are making about $1,000. Sound about right?

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    why not a newer Japanese cruiser?
    For one thing, it's tough to find a new Japanese cruiser. Many of the bikes they have labeled as "cruisers" are actually YABOB standards.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

I just sent Cycles of Jacksonville an inquiry using their site and the sales manager got back with me offering that price in an hour. They know they'll sell those bikes at that price so I doubt they'll deal much. Personally I wouldn't dither too long. If I hadn't just bought a boat I'd be doing a fly'n ride for one of those bikes ...

Thanks OBX. I had previously contacted them through www.cycletrader.com and did not get a reply yet. They are closed on Mondays so I assumed I would hear from them on Tuesday.

I sent a quote request through their site. Hopefully, I will hear from them soon.

However, I really like the look of the 2013 with the red tank better. And for my use, I do not think the sixth gear is that big a deal since I do not do a lot of highway riding. And since I have a collection of bikes, none of them get a lot of mileage so the 12K miles is not that big a deal. And the 2013 is 5 miles from my house. The Jacksonville dealership is 120 miles away.

But $6,878 OTD is a pretty good price for a new bike, so.....

OTOH, I am trying to move to fewer bikes, not more bikes. And I just got the Harley set up the way I want it. Kind of looking for an offer I can't refuse. If I do not end up buying the bike, I can live with that.
    Last edited by Sorg67; 06-18-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Yep .........
    Is that OTD including tax, tag and title? NC tax, tag and title or FL tax tag and title?

Or is that just with the dealer fee and tax, tag and title is extra?

OTOH, I am trying to move to fewer bikes, not more bikes.
    Yeah ... I started reducing the number of bikes I own about 8 bikes ago ... down to 12 plated and insured from 6 ... I've sold two ...

Is that OTD including tax, tag and title? NC tax, tag and title or FL tax tag and title?

Or is that just with the dealer fee and tax, tag and title is extra?
    "The new Honda CB1100 is normally $10,390 but we have them on sale for $5,980 + Honda’s destination/assembly is 599.50 and our dealer admin cost is $299 putting you out the door at $6,878.50. We will put a temp tag on your new motorcycle and you will have 30 days to pay yours sales tax and licensing in your home state. "

Yeah ... I started reducing the number of bikes I own about 8 bikes ago ... down to 12 plated and insured from 6 ... I've sold two ... "
    So if I follow similar math I should be able to reduce my fleet from 4 to 8? My wife is going to have trouble following that math, but it makes perfect sense to me.

"The new Honda CB1100 is normally $10,390 but we have them on sale for $5,980 + Honda’s destination/assembly is 599.50 and our dealer admin cost is $299 putting you out the door at $6,878.50. We will put a temp tag on your new motorcycle and you will have 30 days to pay yours sales tax and licensing in your home state. "
    Sales tax, title and tag will be about $600 so I will be $7,500 ish OTD compared to $5,500 OTD with the 2013 used one.

Hmmmm…. that is a tough call since I like the color of the 2013 better and it is closer.