Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Front Turn Signals

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually curious about no-front-directional-guy's outlook on life saving loud pipes now...
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    I will ask him.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

According to Aristotle, these would be comments from "educated minds":

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    As I said in my prior post, an unintentional right turn signal (i.e. one that was forgotten about from the prior right turn/lane change maneuver) can end up as an invitation for that same driver ahead to pull out into your path. Not everyone waits to see if someone is actually going to turn when they are signaling a turn.

Now if I was less observant/more forgetful, I might be able to follow this alleged line of logic that dictates "front turn signals can cause problems if you forget to turn them off."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    So he basically rides like he is totally invisible and out rides everybody else on the road
    ... if you put it that way I almost completely agree, all legal ramifications excluded.
    As a result of entertaining this thought, I have learned something about the usefulness of turn signals. Having been more aware of turn signals during this conversation, I have come to the belief that front turn signals are at least as useful as rear turn signals perhaps more "useful" than rear turn signals, but rear turn signals may have more impact on my personal safety.

And I have become more appreciative of the importance of remembering to turn my signals off.