Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Probably a whole new level of crazzzzzy.

One of the BEST Moto2 races ever .. !
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Mugello: Italian bikes 1st and 2nd. Italian riders 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Pride is absolutely involved here and I admire it. Really, really happy to see Lorenzo get the win but.....if Marquez hadn’t washed the outcome would have been different. That however is the nature of racing. Dovi ran well but then faltered, tires I’d guess. Still held off Valentino though. Ya have to wonder how great this year would be (competition wise) without the dominance of Marquez?

Marquez gave a lot of lip service to riding in a more conservative fashion before the race to preserve his lead. He crashed because he rode like he almost always does. And I have never seen a top rated rider crash as much as he does in free practice. I have also never seen a rider get the "saves" from near crashes Marc does. And shake off those near crashes so quickly. He is a phenomenal rider .. but also a bit of a loose cannon to other riders he passes. I believe if he wasn't Spanish he would pick up more penalties.

Lorenzo has done a lot of blaming Ducati for not giving him the modifications he wanted and if he had been given the mods he has now he would have been winning all along. We shall see. Ducati sure didn't get their money's worth out of Jorge in 2017.It seems unbelievable to me that they would have paid him what they did and not respond to his wish for modifications.

The other guy hung out to dry for a thoroughly lack luster 2017 season is Maniac Joe Andrea Iannone. I've always thought he had considerable skill .. if .. he would stop crashing. So now you have Andrea, who is 7th right now leaving and Rins, who is 11th becoming Suzuki's senior rider .. next year? I expect Iannone to ride the wheels off his Suzuki at least until he gets a contract with someone.

Suzuki seems to be gambling with new riders coming up from Moto2 .. but a rider like Rossi or Lorenzo or Marquez only comes along about every decade.

It will be highly entertaining if Lorenzo begins to ride like the Jorge of the past. Just when you think the winner is a forgone conclusion .. racing happens ..

Oh my goodness how the world has changed!

Yep .. this season's not over. Moto2 was a bit of a shake-up too. All three of my sons are in Spain for the race ... and the parties ..

Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    Yep .. this season's not over. Moto2 was a bit of a shake-up too. All three of my sons are in Spain for the race ... and the parties ..
    I’ve been slow to invest in the Moto2. I’m gettin there now though. Mostly because I’m fascinated in how Triumph is gonna get the Triple engine up to competition. I’ll report back when I’m more informed....just not there yet.

As far as GP I dunno what goes on behind the scenes although I am aware that ginormous amounts of money are always at stake. Lorenzo to Honda is fantastic for the sport. Honda won’t treat him as the stepchild that it appears Ducati did.That’s a world away from a month ago where I wasn’t sure Jorge would (or even could) find a job next year. Lorenzo and Marquez on a very aggressive Honda team. Sparks are gonna fly in some manner or another. Petrucci back at home at Ducati (at least peripherally) makes a lot of sense.

Mean while I’ll step back and invest some time in Moto2!

The first thing I recognise is by the time they are performing at the level of Lorenzo, Rossi, Marquez ... they are all prima donnas. And in the Yamaha garage ... they had the most special rider in the world already, Valle Rossi.

Ducati broke the bank to buy Lorenzo. But then they still had Dovi ... who finished with a great year last year ... plus (big PLUS) ... Dovi is Italian. (If you don't think that matters .. go to Mugello. My sons tell me the Italian fans are 10 times as "rabid" as the Spaniards.) And Lorenzo didn't perform .. until too late. You can't just pay a prima donna tons of money ... you have to treat them like a prima donna.

Lorenzo is going to .. Repsol. A Spanish company. Like Ducati the first thing is to win. But if they can win with a Spanish rider ... big plus. Of course Jorge is Spanish. But so is Marc. And Marc is Repsol's prima prima donna. We'll see how Jorge does ... I hope well. I like his riding style.

Moto2. Far less electronic geewiz stuff than GP. Riders who have passed the gauntlet of Moto3. Same engine on all bikes. Great racing. I too am attracted to how the Triumph 3 will do. I hope it is "great" ...

And once again the Universe has tilted. Every time I think I’ve got things (and these guys) figured out they throw a massive curve ball. The last half was the best motorcycle racing I’ve ever seen. Whoa.....awesome!

Really beauetiful stuff

Incredible race from start to finish. Mebbe it didn't turn out the way I thought .. but it was still incredible motorcycle racing.