Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

MotoGP Free Practice 2 ...

mgpDSCN2592 by mmelugin48, on Flickr

They come down the straight before this turn (12) so fast it's hard to read their numbers but that's Pedrosa in front of Rossi. I will just add who was in the top 5 of FP2 but not what order. Vinales - Rossi - Crutchlow - Marquez - Ianonne.

I believe FP2 will be more important than usual because they are calling for 70% chance of rain tomorrow and (thank God) only 10% on Sunday.
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

I had a chat with 10-time AMA National Trials champion Geoff Aaron and gave him few helpful tips. He seemed appreciative of my advice ...

bbo31183525_10212290936648219_5944883110221971456_ o by )mmelugin48, on Flickr

Then of all things I turned around and ran into a few folks who made BBO what it used to be before DMG took it over and ruined it. Wait ... maybe that was American Motorcycle racing ... ? Well BBO ain't what it used to be ...

bbo31117931_2025565844181457_3610762371338862592_o by mmelugin48, on Flickr

There's me and me Gigi ... then Catt42 (Catt), LoDownSinner (Dewayne) mechdziner714 (Stephen) and mech's wife and I'm embarassed to say whose name is stuck just beyond my reach.

These folks were at the core of the old BBO, experienced riders with many many thousands of miles under their collective belts of all sorts to include WERA road racing. Not only were they "teachers" but they to this day are themselves teachable. Dewayne and I had many spirited discussions (read disagreements ..) here.

So much fun to watch motorcycle racing with them and be brought up to speed on MotoAmerica Superbike ...

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    Awesome people!

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Another great race today. This one will be defined by Pedrosa, Dovizioso and Lorenzo. That was a heck of a toss by Dani and although he appeared to be ok the human body ain’t designed for that degree of contact with the ground. I still can’t tell if Lorenzo just didn’t see him or mis-judged the whole situation.

Mean while the Honda just keeps purring along. Unless he hurts himself I can’t see anyone beating Marquez on points. The Honda and Marquez are kinda the perfect storm right now. Darco looked like he couldn’t quite keep pace but of course benefitted from Lorenzo’s odd choice.

Never a dull moment

That accident was as about as fault-free as I've seen in MotoGP with pretty dire results for Dovi's championship efforts. Really ironic because I think Dovi, Lorenzo and Pederosa are three of the cleanest riders in MotoGP.

Quite unlike Canet's idiotic crash which took out Martin and 2 others in Moto3. Dorna did nothing when Canet took out Yourechenko in an incredibly aggressive/stupid pass in Free Practice in Argentina because of course Canet is Spanish. Now it comes home to roost with Canet taking out the Moto3 leader Martin, also Spanish. Really tired of the Spanish bias of Dorna ...

Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    That accident was as about as fault-free as I've seen in MotoGP with pretty dire results for Dovi's championship efforts. Really ironic because I think Dovi, Lorenzo and Pederosa are three of the cleanest riders in MotoGP.

Quite unlike Canet's idiotic crash which took out Martin and 2 others in Moto3. Dorna did nothing when Canet took out Yourechenko in an incredibly aggressive/stupid pass in Free Practice in Argentina because of course Canet is Spanish. Now it comes home to roost with Canet taking out the Moto3 leader Martin, also Spanish. Really tired of the Spanish bias of Dorna ...
    Iíd sure like to see someone rise up and compete with Honda and my hopes were certainly with Dovi. One thing is I really think Le Mans favors the Ducati, but Dovi must be perfect especially at Mulsanne. Le Mans has always struck me is all out ballistic until Mulsanne. And yes the Lorenzo, Dani, Dovi crash today certainly didnít look dirty. Anything but....just looked like a big mess especially considering the implications.

I hope everyoneís ok as Pedrosa took a heck of a hit. Nightmarish...as high-sides are what I have nightmares over.

The crazy continues and looking forward to France

That accident was as about as fault-free as I've seen in MotoGP with pretty dire results for Dovi's championship efforts. Really ironic because I think Dovi, Lorenzo and Pederosa are three of the cleanest riders in MotoGP
    I’ve watched the replays enough now and although I wish Dovi held his tongue just a bit (even if it wasn’t at all acidic) he’s probably right in Dani had the clearer picture being behind both the Ducati’s just before he committed. Dani committed, Lorenzo thought he found a line and Dovi gets knocked off his bike.

I wish it wouldn’t have happened as it did but that’s racing and I think all three handled things well especially considering the Titanic implications for Dovi.

Son and daughter-in-law just called me from their travel van parked in the middle of the .. Autodromo del Mugello. Color me jealous ..

Son and daughter-in-law just called me from their travel van parked in the middle of the .. Autodromo del Mugello. Color me jealous ..
    Did you know they were going? Someday I'll get there. I've heard it is absolutely crazy after the races, especially if an Italian wins. It is going to be an exciting race.
    Suzie
    '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
    '04 NSR 50
    GWA Member

I'm watching their kids so yeah I knew. They plan to hit the race at Valencia too before coming home. The party has been going on full bore all day according to son. Lots of intoxicated happy people. My son said he hasn't seen a fight or angry disagreement yet .. but apparently everyone there thinks 'Marquez sucks' ..

The MotoGP qualifying today was pretty darn exciting (son said the crowd went crazzzzzy) and the race has great potential.