Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar

2018 MotoGP

Every year I say just about the same thing. ďThis year is looking to be enormously excitingĒ. But itís true, it is Iím excited to see Ducati back in the hunt. Itís hard not to root for Dovizioso with his mild temperament and almost always smiling. Ducatiís running a brutal machine but Dovizioso seems to have it dialed in. I still scratch my head as to why Lorenzo just canít seemed to make the Ducati work for him and on virtually every level. Zarco bolted out of the gate like his hair was on fire. Marquez will continue to throw caution to the wind and will continue being one of the best technical hooligans out there (if you can actually combine technical and hooligan in the same sentence). Iíll never cease to be the worldís greatest Valentino fan and where is heís definitely getting older he still runs the most crafty race of the bunch and I love to watch him ride. I thought Vinales was gonna emerge larger than he did last year especially after his fast start and he ran a good race last weekend.

Just a great all around combination of the worldís most sophisticated motorcycles, the top speedsters in the world and enough varied personalities to keep things really interesting. Thisbyears looking to be enormously exciting

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    I agree.
    I thought that it was interesting to see how stable the Ducati was, finally.
    As for Lorenzo, "if there was no such thing as bad luck...", From what I have read, it is believed that part of his front brake lever linkage failed.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From watching Qatar, wow that Ducati has the power down the straight! Yeah, I'm glad Dovi is able to run up with the rest of the aliens, it's hard not to root for him. I was worried that Zarco would ride like he did in Moto2, but he showed some maturity and didn't make any bone headed moves.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    From watching Qatar, wow that Ducati has the power down the straight! Yeah, I'm glad Dovi is able to run up with the rest of the aliens, it's hard not to root for him. I was worried that Zarco would ride like he did in Moto2, but he showed some maturity and didn't make any bone headed moves.
    Yea Dovi’s bike nearly untouchable in the straights. That’ll play good AND bad over the long season and depending on the track. Marquez commenting on the possibility of Zarco coming over to Repsol next year and whether of not that’d be a good thing, Marquez replying “depends on which Zarco”. Classic.

There’s gonna be a race this year that comes down to Zarco and Marquez...that’ll be interesting.

Other thoughts are like John McGuinness over at the Isle of Man I hope both he and Valentino instinctually know when it’s time to hang it up. Both have got to be pushing at this point. ESPECIALLY John. Neither have ANYTHING left to prove.

Like I said earlier I’d like to see Lorenzo figure out his bike as solve his bad luck problem. Not because I’m particularly fond of him but because two brutal Ducati’s as front runners would be cool.

I’d love to see Dovizioso take it all but as long as Marquez doesn’t wreck his way outta contention I don’t see anyone touching him (or Repsol) over the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    I agree.
    I thought that it was interesting to see how stable the Ducati was, finally.
    As for Lorenzo, "if there was no such thing as bad luck...", From what I have read, it is believed that part of his front brake lever linkage failed.
    The Ducati looked rock solid. It was amazing on the other hand to see how ridiculously unstable Darco’s bike was. There were a whole bunch of wobbles under front breaking that made me uneasy!

Blog Entries
    Holy cow, what drama from Argentina! I think MM crossed the line with his moves, will be interesting to read about the fallout and what happens with VR46.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    MITGC #22

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Holy cow, what drama from Argentina! I think MM crossed the line with his moves, will be interesting to read about the fallout and what happens with VR46.
    Yea I think Marquez crosses the line a lot Always has. Rossi has always (after a cooling off period) maintained a good sport attitude but his career is obviously winding down and I’m betting this one won’t be water on a ducks back for Valentino. Zarco continues to impress but I was a bit miffed at the Pedrosa bump. Lorenzo continues to slide and now Team Ducati seems pretty fragmented. The idea that Ducati is wooing Rossi to replace Lorenzo is fantastic. Can’t wait. Both Lorenzo and Dovizioso claimed the Ducati was unmanageable at Argentina especially in 4. Both used the word “scary” and you don’t often hear that from those guys, at least not publicly. Like you said drama everywhere!

In the end the Marquez/Rossi thing is now growing dangerous and I so want Valentino to make it to retirement in one piece. He’s clearly a master at his craft and has done soooo much for the sport. Marquez chooses to be reckless and in so sometimes to his advantage but as you said he simply crosses the line too much, at least for me.
    Last edited by Joseph Hanna; 04-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Wow.....Cal Crutchlow furious with the press for pursuing Rossi and Marquez post race and not attending the winners press conference. He's got a point. You win a MotoGp race you deserve the spotlight. Rossi trying to smile his way through post race interviews. Smiling but his face was contorted with anger. I marvel at Marc Marquez riding abilities but somethings gotta be done before he kills himself or others.

Going to COTA this year. We are pre-staged in Georgetown, TX. Thinking I will take advantage of the military discount and do the 3 day grandstand at turn 12 and dry camp Parking Lot N. Anyone whose been there see a problem .. ?
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    Going to COTA this year. We are pre-staged in Georgetown, TX. Thinking I will take advantage of the military discount and do the 3 day grandstand at turn 12 and dry camp Parking Lot N. Anyone whose been there see a problem .. ?
    There's not a bad seat in the house at COTA. With a camping spot in Lot N, you almost have front row seats to the esses. The only problem I see is whether or not to make the trek across the pedestrian bridges to get to your grandstands.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MITGC #22