Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Time - No See... but need new bike advice

Long Time - No See... but need new bike advice

It's starting to warm up and I have that itch for a new ride. I'm looking at something fun without leaning toward practical. Good enough for my 8 mile commute but also ready to head off on a few hours long ride into the mountains. Problem is I haven't really been keeping up with new motorcycle models in 4+ years!

I'm looking at the Fz-9 but is there anything else I should be considering? What's fun, sexy, cool?
    90% of happiness is choosing the right ethicist.
    WoodstockJeff: It's amazing how much looking ahead keeps you in the audience of the play known as "Stupid Traffic Stunts", rather than up on the stage...
    speeddemon: "Sarchasm: the aching void across which one cannot see that one has been pwned."

Can't seem to post my full avatar

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    あなたは誰ですか ?

(who are you again? )
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Africa Twin ... or Africa Twin Adventure Sport ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    When I test rode the FZs, the FZ07 worked out better than the 09. The 09's triple had a nice feel and sound, but the throttle response was much better on the 07. Wtih about 20 minutes on each, I liked the 07 better.

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    FZ09 might be a bit much for you, newb.

CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

8 mile commute? Schwinn.

Nah, j/k!

A few hours ride into the mountains? 'busa! (Sorry, BOOSA.)
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! liberpolly's Avatar
    Personally, I cannot wait to test ride the new Ducati Scrambler 1100. Talk about sexy!

For 8 miles commute, however, electric bicycles are the healthier alternative.
    "The better you're prepared, the luckier you get".

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    あなたは誰ですか ?

(who are you again? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy B View Post
    FZ09 might be a bit much for you, newb.

I donít know what I expected
    WoodstockJeff: It's amazing how much looking ahead keeps you in the audience of the play known as "Stupid Traffic Stunts", rather than up on the stage...
    speeddemon: "Sarchasm: the aching void across which one cannot see that one has been pwned."

Quote Originally Posted by liberpolly View Post
    For 8 miles commute, however, electric bicycles are the healthier alternative.
    I commute by bicycle 50% of the time from spring to Fall but the 8 mile route is on the DC beltway.

Let me look at the scrambler though. That could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    When I test rode the FZs, the FZ07 worked out better than the 09. The 09's triple had a nice feel and sound, but the throttle response was much better on the 07. Wtih about 20 minutes on each, I liked the 07 better.
    How long ago was that? Supposedly they’re upgrading the throttle and front fork for the 2018 model year. There’s just no place in 100 miles with demo bikes anytime soon