Thread: WANTED... Honda CTX 700 DCT

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Cinder's Avatar

WANTED... Honda CTX 700 DCT

Hello All,
    I am looking for a Honda CTX 700 DCT ABS. Here in Canada we were not offered DCT version. I have a bad left hand and have trouble using the clutch. Must be the DCT version, year is irrelevant, new or used. I am looking for the faired version, not the naked, and would prefer the blue one, but hey, beggars can't be picky...... If you know of one for sale in your area please let me know. I am in southern Ontario and willing to drive to neighbouring/close by border states- Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin, etc.
    Any help locating one would be appreciated.
    Thanks to all.
    2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
    1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Hi Cinder, I was surprised to hear the CTX DCT model was not sold here, have you looked at the Honda NM models?
    ( I know they look kinda strange and cost a ton, but they do feature an auto and ABS)

Not sure how bad your clutch hand issue is but you might want to watch for alternative models that feature a hydraulic operated clutch, the pull at the lever is generally way easier compared to any cable actuated model, as in most riders can operate a hydraulic clutch with one finger. I've also seen a few one-armed riders convert their hand controls so that both the clutch and front brake are mounted on the same side, is a bit extreme but that conversion is not without precedent.

Starting to feel like spring is nearly here! isn't it invigorating!

Cinder, if you don't find the Honda, you might take a look at motorcycles that can accept a "Rekluse" clutch adapter device.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Cinder's Avatar
    Hi Trials,
    Yes, for some reason Honda never offered the DCT version of the CTX700 here. I would have to get an NC750X which I don't really want as it is probably a bit too tall and from what my hubby says takes odd tires due to the off-road/dual sport nature of it. One tire is readily available, the other has very limited selection and they don't wear well. Other than that to get a DCT you have to go to even bigger models in Canada.
    As for the NM, beside Honda beating it to death with the ugly stick, I already have a step through auto in the Majesty. If I'm going to stay with a scooter I would get a Yamaha TMax or Honda Silverwing. At least I could stand looking at it and the prices are better.
    However, I really would prefer to have an actual motorcycle, thus wanting the CTX.

Hi Norty,
    I've looked at that scenario as well. The only street bike the recluse clutch is available for that I would want is the BMW F800 series. I would be fine with one of those if I could find one at a decent price. The nearest BMW dealer is about an hours drive away from me for parts. My hubby's BMW training is about 25 years out of date but I'm sure he could figure it out....
    However, he works at a Honda dealer so parts and service for the CTX would be both cheap and easy.

Thus my dilemma continues...... Honda Canada does not offer the bike I want so that is why I'm considering importing one.
    2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
    1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Inquire about a leftover DN-01...those didn't exactly fly out of showrooms with their $15K MSRP on a similarly displaced motor. I bet you can get one for about $8K, just like the "mighty VTX" was offered year after year of less than stellar sales.

Seriously, I'm told there are still some collecting dust in Honda warehouses.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com