Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooo...I Sat on a Thing Saturday

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    The reason is likely that the capacity of all three cases combined will exceed the weight limit of the subframe. Oddly, my Buell would not allow the top case only, the mounts for the side cases provide needed gusseting to accommodate the potential weight of the top case.

Well, no one gets to "let" me do anything. I already own a top case. The only things I will need to purchase are Givi rails for the rear mounting plate and possibly another mounting plate if the universal plate I own doesn't work with it.
    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor TRADED IN
    '17 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT - Phantom

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Well...it followed me home Saturday. Hee!

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    whats it called ?:I

She hasn't told me her name yet. I'm trying to avoid the obvious ones, like Bullet (as in "Silver Bullet"). I *might* name her "Duck" or "Ducky," because..."Kwaka." But my softball team lost a teammate last year, and his nickname was Ducky. I don't want to co opt that.
    Last edited by Lezbert; 05-14-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    how about Akita

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Tigger

Her name will come to me. I only have 50 miles on her. It's like we're still on our first date, and we're still getting acquainted.

So, in other news, today the dealership is coming to pick her up to slap on the side cases and hand guards that come standard with the LT model. They assembled the bike Saturday, and it was ready shortly before closing. We showed up, and the salesguy (who is amazingly wonderful), smiled and said, "There she is!" I smiled and said, "Where are the side cases and hand guards?" He had a confused look, so I continued, "The LT comes with them. Otherwise, you just sold me an ABS, and you owe me some money back." "I'll be right back."

So we waited, and we saw him and the finance manager scurry around. Finance guy came back to me and said, "So we learned something today. Kawasaki ships the bike and the cases/hand guards in two separate crates. Your accessories are in the parts warehouse upstairs. The service guys are gone, as is the one guy here who programs the keys to fit the cases. First? We're going to kill our service guys for not checking. Next? We will come and get your bike next week. We will install all the things. We will bring your bike back to you. We are really REALLY sorry." I said, "Look, I can leave the bike here and pick it up Tuesday after work. No reason we have to worry about shuttling it back and forth." "Ma'am. There are at least two good riding days between now and Tuesday. You go and enjoy your bike. We will take care of everything."

So, I rode her home. Commuted to work on her yesterday, and man...I miss the cases, especially the top case (I need to order mounting hardware to get my Givi on her). I hated not riding today, but they're coming to get her just after lunch, so I'll get her back late this afternoon or this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    how about Akita
    I can't think of "Akita" without adding "Evita!" afterward. I've seen "Rent" waaaaay too many times.

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hiyo

Simple, given the color
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)