Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is a video

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar

Here is a video

produced by a young man who often films in the area I ride. I think his stuff is absolutely amazing. Just the visuals and choice of edits and choice of music. Really, really fantastic. Hope you enjoy and give him a like. Talented young editor/film maker for sure. Be sure to watch in HD

https://youtu.be/WZQ8GGtMUzQ

Flirting With The Redline kf4cln's Avatar
    Wow ! Is the back wheel spinning and chirping or is that braking ?
    You see a man and you think you know him, but you will never know his thoughts, dreams or passion, you will never know whats in his head.
    The mans mind is all his, never to be revealed to any one but himself !

Quote Originally Posted by kf4cln View Post
    Looks to me like throttle on, rear brake and push into a slide. I guess in the strictest sense in race inspired trail braking.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's mostly engine braking slowing the rear tire down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNvnU5rFPc
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Throttle is on, rear brake is keeping spinning 'under control', front brake (one finger) is limiting bike speed and causing the rear of the bike to rotate a bit. Rear brake use is keeping things from going to far.

My son once explained this to me.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kf4cln View Post
    The name of the video tells you, it's called MOMENTUM.
    ... if you are having difficulty picturing how it's done think of it this way; you ride the front wheel and 'make' the rear slide out, then keep it that way throughout the entire turn. You will note that his slide usually begins on entering the turn, so is that braking or acceleration :/ mostly just pure speed, momentum, front to back balance and a little bit of whatever it takes to not over-cook or undo the controlled loss of traction at the rear wheel.

it certainly is not ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    Throttle is on, rear brake is keeping spinning 'under control', front brake (one finger) is limiting bike speed and causing the rear of the bike to rotate a bit. Rear brake use is keeping things from going to far.
    That's certainly what it looks like to me.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Great video by the way, but imho the excitement was largely attributed to the riders skills flat track riding on pavement takes big ones

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Great video by the way, but imho the excitement was largely attributed to the riders skills flat track riding on pavement takes big ones
    Yea absolutely. Coming from the video production industry it's equally nice to see someone with genuinely great video capture and video editing skills. Props to both!

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    BTW: Under the guise of “things I didn’t need to know” there is a color grading technique used here that for this video is extremely effective. If there are on-line, color correction folk here feel free to jump in and correct me but I believe the general technique is contemporarily called “Blockbuster Color Gradiant” The way over simplification description is a color skew highly slanted towards oranges and teals while simultaneously trying to maintain a defined black and a defined skin tone. Since there’s only one scene where we see skin tone the rest tends to REALLY accentuate the SoCal topography nicely.

Like I said, more than you need to know but still, a clever use of color gradient technique that bolsters this video nicely