Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeler: Rocky Mountain Roundup 2018?

Flirting With The Redline 50sGrl's Avatar
    Can we come with you OBX?
    http://GlutenFreeRV.com

"Yes, I'm still back here."
    08 Yamaha XT250 (SMAS, 4/13/11)
    09 Yamaha FZ6r

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bumping this thread.

Is it June ... uh.. September yet? Fidget!

So there are a few definite maybes coming neighboring states NM, AZ, CA. *YAY*!!
    As we move into summer and folks decide on vacations, we would like to firm up the headcount to make sure we have enough bed space etc. So please PM me when you can. I'll update the facebook discussion as well.

thanks
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Flirting With The Redline Wanderlust's Avatar
    I am planning on being there. May be trailering up a bike, depending on health/fitness levels.

Should I leave the Nerf guns at home this time?
    Nobody makes these adventures come true for you. You just have to make up your mind and GO. You'll never regret it. -JD
    M.I.T.G.C. # 53

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Cinder's Avatar
    Sadly we will not be able to attend. Every year for the past 18 years we have taken vacation the first 2 weeks of September as my Hubby is a motorcycle mechanic so he could not go during the busier times. So, finally, this year was going to be perfect! We love Colorado and were so looking forward to attending this event. Unfortunately life happens and in June my Hubby's boss advised us he is retiring and either closing or selling the business by the end of the summer.

Luckily my hubby did find another job almost right away but now we cannot have our usual holiday time as he is too new to take any vacay this year. We are both very disappointed as we were so looking forward to meeting everyone and riding the fantastic roads I'm sure Jeff has planned for everyone. Hopefully, it will work out again some year. Take care everyone and have a great time!
    2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
    1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Flirting With The Redline Wanderlust's Avatar
    I've been fidgeting and planning aspirational routes to Larkspur for Sept. Have you guys ridden the Mt Evans Scenic Byway, from your new place? What about Pikes Peak? Those have both been on my hit list for ages.

Should I pack a tent, or just a sleeping bag and pad? If I pack a tent tho I may get itchy and end up somewhere in the Pacific Northwest again....
    Nobody makes these adventures come true for you. You just have to make up your mind and GO. You'll never regret it. -JD
    M.I.T.G.C. # 53

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Cinder's Avatar
    I am so missing being with all of you. Hope you're having a great time. Please someone post a report and some pics. Thanks. Ride safe all.
    2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
    1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder View Post
    Unfortunately life happens and in June my Hubby's boss advised us he is retiring and either closing or selling the business by the end of the summer.
    Was the business your hubby was at profitable? Decent reputation? Making money? If the answer is "yes" to all 3, WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY THE DAMN BUSINESS AND RUN IT YOURSELVES?
    Sounds to me like a perfect situation. And now your hubby went to work for someone else yet again? Shoulda bought it...

I mean hell, if you're not going to be able to take vacations, you might as well get paid for it.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    Counterpoint (because thatís what we do as a couple) - screw having your own business. You almost always make less money and you re chained to the business. Most small business owners NEVER take vacation. Not for me, nope nope nope.

On a personal note, Iím sorry to hear that Cinder and I hope your hubby lands on his feet from this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

You know, if you're going to work your butt off, then you might as well be compensated for it. Being a biz owner DOES have certainly more risk, and you may think you're the "boss," but in fact, your customers ARE your boss. But, at least you're not making someone else a wealthy individual.
    Again, this is all based on taking over an existing business that is successful. Now, if the biz has a 1 star rating, then it's probably a good idea to work somewhere else and not mention that you were affiliated with the first business.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Few pics from the weekend
    DSCN6523.jpg
    DSCN6530.jpg
    DSCN6518.jpg
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."