Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Every single

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! AlwaysLearnin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ladies and gents!

For those rainy days and you've committed to two (three?) wheels only!

http://moto.zombdrive.com/images/bmw-c1-2000-7.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/b5...266629dd27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezbert View Post
    * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
    -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
    -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! midknyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    There’s that I’m probably gettin too old to really seriously commit to something like that but I think I “could” pull it off if I had to. Maybe in the end it’s just more of a romantic notion rather an exercise in practical transportation. I will say this though...if Volkswagen ever makes good on that open cockpit, soapbox derby shaped, 4 wheel jitney I’m sellin the car. Ya couldn’t take a passenger with you and would be stuck if it rained (which it never does) but what a cool concept that was.

Slingshot an option?

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot
    Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear!

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    Uber and restaurants: two things that will drain your wallet faster than a second bike.
    But if they mean one less car, you will have some extra in your wallet to work with. Less depreciation, less insurance, less maintenance, less garage space consumption can all combine to a lot of Uber and dining out.

Flirting With The Redline
    Quote Originally Posted by midknyte View Post
    Yea there are 4 or 5 here in the area(s) where I live. It always appears if they're having' fun driven em but I just haven't warmed up to the looks yet. The one I really like is the British Racing Green Vanderhall but Vanderhall's get pricy.

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar
    My first day of unemployment! That last 8 1/2 months on the buyout have been practice. Pension and 401k roll overs are scheduled. Waiting for the termination letter so we can turn on health insurance at the wife's employer.

Dave

Crap - In the wrong forum when I posted......
    Last edited by taylorcraft07; 10-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorg67 View Post
    But if they mean one less car, you will have some extra in your wallet to work with. Less depreciation, less insurance, less maintenance, less garage space consumption can all combine to a lot of Uber and dining out.
    You can open the garage and see what you've spent your money on with the vehicle. Beyond that you have no visual proof of spending the Uber money and, well...the restaurant money can be seen a few hours later when you get up off the toilet.

Also, I'm pretty sure owning & maintaining a vehicle costs less than taking Uber everywhere you need to go. Otherwise Uber drivers would call Uber for anywhere they need to go.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure owning & maintaining a vehicle costs less than taking Uber everywhere you need to go. Otherwise Uber drivers would call Uber for anywhere they need to go.
    That would be a valid point if you were taking Uber everywhere. However, the idea would be to go from two to one cars and I would only use uber for the rare occasions I could not use a motorcycle and my wife's car was not available. In that case which was more expensive would depend on how rare the rare occasions are.

My truck gets used so little most of the year my mechanic fussed at me that the brakes wore out because the discs got rusty from sitting. But what's a fellah going to do when he's got 10 moto-sickles that need excersizing.

taylorcraft07 enjoy retirement. Used to be I had 40 things to do every day ... and if I didn't get all 40 done i'd be frustrated. Now I got 40 things to do and if I do one of them ... I'm cool with it. (But my wife is frustrated ... )
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcraft07 View Post
    My first day of unemployment! That last 8 1/2 months on the buyout have been practice. Pension and 401k roll overs are scheduled. Waiting for the termination letter so we can turn on health insurance at the wife's employer.

Dave

Crap - In the wrong forum when I posted......
    You aren’t in the wrong forum. Buy another bike for retirement!
    2017 Honda CRF250l
    1982 Kawasaki KZ1100 - Sold
    2001 KLR 650 - Sold
    2004 ST1300 - Sold
    2002 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull1189 View Post
    You aren’t in the wrong forum. Buy another bike for retirement!
    I have been sort of looking for a Grom but don't tell my wife.

Dave