Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coming Kawasaki z900rs Retro

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    This is the age of multimedia, I think we need a video to demonstrate any alleged problem that might simply be rider induced. They also need to skip any post production overlay of music soundtrack and commentary on that video, we need to hear the engine and see if the guy can actually ride the thing. Supposedly my bike has a "snatchy" throttle but I never had a problem with it so I passed on the free ECU reflash updates, the only problem I found with my bike is that it doesn't like to be stuck in heavy traffic and it likes to go faster then the posted speed limit.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm hesitant to click that, MC.com is notorious for one small paragraph-per-page/20+ page click-bait articles. I lost interest in MC.com articles long ago because of that trend. Also noteworthy, back in the earlier days of the internet when dial-up connections without a phone cradle modem was the new big deal, MC.com had a severe case of "if it isn't a GSXR-1000 is sucks donkey dongs" attitude. While there have been numerous models that have since surpassed that late 90's bike, that mindset was still very much alive and well when they jumped on the click-bait bandwagon.

That said, color me surprised as to which one griped about the throttle issue. Having browsed Mad Matt's post prior to reading the CW link I thought for sure I'd be reading the positive review. I'm still hesitant to click the other one though...
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

It looks to me like most of the changes from the original add to handling which is exactly as I would want it. It might take the place of my Road King. I hope a lot of folks buy one ... so in a couple of years I can pick one up at a discount ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! midknyte's Avatar
    Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear!

Hittin' The Twisties buzzyclone's Avatar
    Picked mine up yesterday. Had a lovely ride home from the dealership. Throttle isn't twitchy, but it is sensitive. Just like any new bike it takes a minute to get used to, but it smoothed out quite quickly when I got used to. Kept it in traction control mode 2 the whole time though. I'll try mode 1 and off later. Pictures later too if anyone is interested. So far I love the bike and has a lovely clutch that's much smoother than the FZ8 I had before.

Hittin' The Twisties buzzyclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Nice, but.. if they wanted to bring back the UJM, they ought to bring back the Z-rex
    Pretty close...

I honestly like the z-rex better, but I got the orange one, which is even more my taste.

Flirting With The Redline Mad Matt's Avatar
    The green one with the fairing is pretty snazzy. I wasn’t expecting it, but it turned out to be one of my favourite bikes at the motorcycle show this winter. Looks great and the ergonomics just happened to suit me just right, at least while sitting still and making vroom vroom noises.

That Retro is sweet. My Road Kings days in my garage may be numbered ..
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    I have seen a lot of retro stuff out there I like. I still like my softail, but I could see myself on a lot of other retro stuff out there too. Something with the functionality of the Versys plus the cool factor of the Harley.

Just have to make sure I find something that goes with my pirate outfit....