Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary California freeway collision caught on camera

Yeah, I run the place 3000 Posts! Derick's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scary California freeway collision caught on camera

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/n...ught-on-camera

My favorite part:
    Video shows a motorcyclist kicking the door of a sedan, causing it to slam into a truck that flipped several times before landing on its roof.

More of a terrible news story, but it seems the biker got had the least impact of it all...
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

The biker is the idiot in that one!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Graphic proof that even a total idiot can ride a motorcycle.

I can't help but wonder if yall aren't sseing a different video than me. I don't know what preceded this but I see a motorcyclist kick a sedan ... then I see the sedan apparently intentionally attempt to drive into the bike and loose control ...

Yall aren't seriously thinking someone could kick a car from a bike hard enough to make it react like that are you ... cause you can't. Kicking a car is not only stupid ... but it's a great way to end up going down all other factors ignored ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    News story on the original station interviewed the person who shot the video, and, prior to what is shown, the motorcycle rider tried kicking the passenger side of the car, before moving over to the driver side. This was after the car ("with only the driver in it") moved into the high-occupancy vehicle lane in front of the motorcycle.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

This one may never be sorted out but it's likely the biker was offended in some perceived manner by the motorist, causing the biker to pick him out of the crowd, followed by the video we see. Biker still the idiot with the mororist not far behind in that catagory appearing to cut in front of him as OBX-RIDER mentions. The two 'kids' forgot they weren't the only two on the playground and sucked an innocent player into their fray.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mildly surprised because I found most drivers and motorcyclists in California pretty chill ... but I guess there's always one ... or in this case two in every bunch.

Kicking a car, even if your only concern is about yourself, is pretty dang stupid. I mean I have been driving one of my son's junkers and had a friend on a bike, being funny, kick my door ... . The impact to me was about like having a soccer ball bounce into me. The car did not move ... at all. The rider on the other hand, nearly went down. He didn't ... so it was funny.

The damage to the car was non existent ... not even an oil can dent. I can assure you my granddaughter can kick an oil can dent in the door of a car. But all the "give" in this kick from a moving bike was the motorcyclist nearly falling over ...

Look. Pissing off people in cars is like throwing a beer in Chuck Norris's face. Car vs. Motorcycle ... you are the 95 lb weakling. Yeah we are all bad-asses on the internet ... just don't confuse the internet for real life ... Be like most drivers/motorcyclists in CA ... be chill ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Kootenanny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    I can't help but wonder if yall aren't sseing a different video than me. I don't know what preceded this but I see a motorcyclist kick a sedan ... then I see the sedan apparently intentionally attempt to drive into the bike and loose control ...
    This is what I saw. Biker kicked the car--stupid--car tried to run him into the divider--also stupid--then lost control from the swerve and instigated the accident--even more stupid. I know, we see cars swerving in the movies all the time, but your old everyday driver with worn-out stock shocks and bargain all-season tires may not always react quite like they do in the most recent "Fast & Furious" sequel.

This certainly has been making the rounds.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You definitely need a generous trail dimension to execute such a maneuver. Bikes with shorter trail are more apt to be thrown off course by such input.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com